Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, tuesday started off a little bit rough, but turned into a wicked good one. I cringed a little bit as I set my alarm clock Monday night. 2:30 am seemed a little early, but I knew it would be a good time. My buddy had a late-season cow tag that he wanted to fill, so we planned the day to get it done.
Sure enough, 2:30 SUCKED, but we met up and headed toward our "spot." As we neared where we thought the elk would be we came around the corner and look what we found:

It's a little hard to see and I'll try to get some cleared up pics tomorrow, but there were 8 bulls all hanging out together. The smallest was probably a 320 6 point, and the biggest was a BIG 6 and he looked like he was about ten years old and beat to hell from the rut.
So we watched them filter off into the trees and continued on. We ended up seeing about 15 bulls in all and I'll try to get pics of them tomorrow and post them. It was awesome. And like it always goes, we had a cow tag so all we saw were bulls :mrgreen: :shock: :mrgreen:

That was the morning. So we had a couple of hours that we wanted to kill, so we broke out the flyrods and spent about 45 minutes getting frustrated. The water was so cold that the hatches wouldn't come off. I wouldn't be surprised if those critters don't stay till spring. So with no fish on the hook, we decided that we would go hike around and see what we see.

We spread out a little bit and this is what I saw:

It's my first shed!! and a nice one at that. The 2nd is all messed up and I think it's cooler that way.

And while I was taking pics and stuff of my new prize I got separated from my friends. Long story short, they tried to cut me off at the pass and I tried to cut them off at the pass and we totally missed each other. But it worked out. One of my friends started to doule back to find me and he stumbled on a SET of sheds laying right next to each other! So, since I dumber than them, I had a pack and guess what I got to do for the rest of the afternoon...

Well, that night all we saw was another bull, a little 5 point raghorn. No cows. So, since the day sucked so bad I'm going to have to try it again and see if I have a good time next time. -/O\- *OOO*

Oh and here's some random eye candy that my friend found a while ago.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Man, I wish everyday could suck that bad! Even though you didn't get the cow you were looking for, sure sounds to me as I'm sitting in front of my computer at work. Nice job on the shed and good luck on that cow.

·
Registered
8,945 Posts
yea i wish my day would suck that bad. find soem elk sheds being in teh mountions looking for a cow an dseeing nothing but big bulls. man. those are soem nice sheds to. nice job and good luck on the cow.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It was great... wait, I mean... it sucked. I think I might try and do it again in about a week, depending on how my income situation goes. I definitely recomend a "sucky day" every now and then. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts