Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We walked up to the 'honey hole' Friday evening to do some glassing and get a general idea of what the elk were doing for their morning and evening routines, hiked around Saturday, and came home this morning. There were more elk in this area than I have ever seen, we counted almost 70 within a 2.5 mile radius Friday evening alone, not much for bulls though but it's still early. Best part about it is we only saw 6 people all day Saturday, and then saw Bullwinkle on the walk out this morning just munching away up on the hillside. I'm excited to see so many healthy elk in there, and with far less pressure in this area their numbers will continue to thrive. I may go look at another spot for a decent bull if nothing bigger shows itself, but it's nice knowing where I can harvest an animal if needed.

Good luck everyone and please be safe out there!

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
I'd keep info like that to yourself.....if your not careful you'll have every joe bag of donuts in your spot. The Internet has ruined hunting!
Exactly!-->also you shouldn't post pictures about your hunt, or talk about it at all. Many of us would appreciate it because we are looking out for you and your 'spot', we want to make sure you have the spot all to yourself--wait a minute...the DWR has guaranteed that for you. All the same you should probably not talk about any of it. :D

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice. Cant wait for the hunts to roll around. Sounds like you got something to look forward to.
I am mostly just happy to see so many healthy animals, watching their behavior Friday evening and listening to the calves communicate back and forth with the cows was priceless. It will be a fun and productive season for sure regardless if I get onto a branched bull or not.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Exactly!-->also you shouldn't post pictures about your hunt, or talk about it at all. Many of us would appreciate it because we are looking out for you and your 'spot', we want to make sure you have the spot all to yourself--wait a minute...the DWR has guaranteed that for you. All the same you should probably not talk about any of it. :D
See what I mean.....
Keyboard badasses like this

·
Registered
5,265 Posts
I am mostly just happy to see so many healthy animals, watching their behavior Friday evening and listening to the calves communicate back and forth with the cows was priceless. It will be a fun and productive season for sure regardless if I get onto a branched bull or not.
Clearly you're mistaken. We don't have any healthy animals in Utah. All of our critters are selenium deficient-poison licking-overbitten-lop balled zombies and if you eat one you'll die of AIDS via tapeworm contraction

·
West side Utah Lake
3,905 Posts
Clearly you're mistaken. We don't have any healthy animals in Utah. All of our critters are selenium deficient-poison licking-overbitten-lop balled zombies and if you eat one you'll die of AIDS via tapeworm contraction
Yes and never argue with an internet keyboard warrior with a high school education and a PhD in Google.

·
Registered
5,265 Posts
...and I'd like to thank my momma, I'd never have developed such an acerbic case of smart mouth without your beatings....and I'd like to thank Lonetree for the list of references who refuse to acknowledge that they know him....and I'd like to thank Don Peay for being the Savior of Sportsmen everywhere.
>>What are you going to do next, Johnny?
I'm gonna go shoot a famous Lion, I'm still deciding between Simba and Jericho.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.