Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I fished Onieda res and the narrows today and was suprised at the results. A hand full of smallies and one walleye out of the res and a couple dozen smallies and one nice brown in the narrows. In years past I compared the narrows to the Green, beautiful deep holes, high cliff outcroppings and BROWNS, "GREAT BIG BROWNS", did I say BROWNS..... I'm not going to B%[email protected]# about the smallies but what led to this and where are they headed. Anybody know the story behind this? :shock:

·
Registered
385 Posts
im guessing the narrows is a river of some sort. i know in places east of hear smallies love larger rivers/moving water. they could just be moving into rivers because they like it, not necessarily going anywhere.

·
Registered
688 Posts
The Narrows is where I learned to flyfish some 20 years ago. I caught more and bigger fish on that river when I didn't know what I was doing then I do now. I still have a few very good days on that river every year but it sure aint like it use to be.

I've caught Smallies below the dam as well, I've also caught a Walleye below the dam. They either come through the dam some how or some bucket biologist catches them in the res. and lets them loose in the river.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bd, the river is full of smallies now, I noticed fish on the other side of the river popping and had to check it out. I think it'd be a hoot with a fly rod, just wasn't what I was expecting. Over the years things have consistantly moved in a different direction.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts