Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was out his last weekend and shot a few ducks and had a blast. a few were green heads, teal and even a pintail, but one i could not id. at first i thought it was a mallard hen but some things did not add up. unfortunatly i do not have a picture so i will have to describe it and i'll do the best i can. the head and neck were brown like a mallard, but it had a white belly, the wings had the pattern of the mallard but instead blue feathers on the wings they were black and white. could it have been a gadwall or pintail hen? i was leaning toward a gadwall but did not see any redish color so it left me wondering.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Gadwalls really dont have white bellies. I would say a widgeon, hen. The bill and feet color would help alot too.

·
Registered
151 Posts
huntducksordietrying said:
Gadwalls really dont have white bellies. I would say a widgeon, hen. The bill and feet color would help alot too.
Your kidding right?

He said it looks like a Hen Mallard, without the blueish wing speculum...and the speculum was white and black...

·
Registered
599 Posts
bugleboy said:
huntducksordietrying said:
Your kidding right?

He said it looks like a Hen Mallard, without the blueish wing speculum...and the speculum was white and black...
Youre right. Good call. I just read threw it fast, didnt catch the thing about the speculum. When i hear white belly puddler I think wigeon.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts