Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Waitin' 4 Fall
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Alright guys, the deadline has passed. So what hunts did you put in for this year? I have 12 NR elk points and I put in for the Wasatch late rifle hunt. The hunt dates are the exact same dates as our rifle season for whitetails back home, so if I draw I will miss my first home opening day in my 32 years of deer hunting.

I put in for Pauns deer, desert sheep with 11 points and I also put in for mountain goat, moose and cow bison. I figure I have as much chance as a fart in a wind storm but you never know

·
Registered
561 Posts
Alright guys, the deadline has passed. So what hunts did you put in for this year? I have 12 NR elk points and I put in for the Wasatch late rifle hunt. The hunt dates are the exact same dates as our rifle season for whitetails back home, so if I draw I will miss my first home opening day in my 32 years of deer hunting.

I put in for Pauns deer, desert sheep with 11 points and I also put in for mountain goat, moose and cow bison. I figure I have as much chance as a fart in a wind storm but you never know
I'd miss deer season for any elk hunt *****!!! Especially one where you get to shoot at big Bulls haha

I'm in for cwmu deer and desert big horn. I'm on the waiting period for elk and am a dedicated hunter so I've got a tag for the next little while

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
GS Deer on the Manti South
LE Elk Manti South
Moose Point
Black Bear (multi-season)

I organize the entries for our entire party of 5 so our apps are very similar except I put the two youngsters in for LE Deer and RM Bighorn instead of LE Elk and Moose.

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
Me,
LE archery elk Manti
GS archery deer Manti
Kaiparowits West DS

Both boys in for,
LE CWMU elk Crab creek
GS deer Manti
MT Goat Beaver

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
I applied for desert bighorns on the Zion unit and le elk for the panguitch lake late hunt. I'm a shoe in for the elk tag so November can't get her fast enough!

·
Registered
6,705 Posts
General Deer- Wasatch East any weapon (Lifetime License)
LE Elk- San Juan early rifle (18 points---pipe dream)
Bison- Book Cliffs hunters choice (5 points---even bigger pipe dream)
Bear- Fall Wasatch West (1 point)

Almost guaranteed to only have a deer tag, and then will likely buy a general elk tag as well. But if luck strikes, I'll take it!

·
1,666 Posts
DS Deer (4 Points) - Group of two 1. FL TL, Monroe, Dutton, Panguitch, Boulder

LE Bear (0 points) - Bonus Point

LE Deer (0 Points) - Group of two Paunsaugunt Rifle

LE Elk (7 points) - Book Cliffs Late Rifle (Switched form Monroe Early, decided Utah DWR needed $10 more dollars for a tag that I won't draw)

LE Pronghorn (5 points) - Nine Mile Myton Bench Rifle

OIL Moose (6 points) - North Slope Summit

OIL Mountain Goat (0 points) - Uintas Central

OIL Bison (0 points)- Book Cliffs

OIL Rocky BigHorn (6 points) - Book Cliffs

OIL Desert Bighorn (0 points)- San Rafael

Should draw GS Deer and gain a point, but all of the rest are shots in the dark.

·
Super Moderator
3,393 Posts
General Deer - nothing, acquired a CWMU tag for this year
LE Elk - La Sal Muzzleloader
Mountain Goat - High Uintah's West
Bear - La Sal spot/stalk

I am really interested to see what type of change the magnified scope on muzzleloaders ruling will do to the draw odds. A good buddy of mine and I applied for the elk hunt together and we each will have 11 points for the drawing. Generally it has taken 8-9 points to draw the La Sal ml tag, I am hoping that the 2-3 bonus point buffer that we have will be enough! I can't wait for the end of May, and then hopefully a summer full of scouting trips!

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Gen Deer - Thousand Lakes Rifle ;)...then Wasatch Mnts East Archery (2 points)
LE Deer - Premium Henry Mnt's (2 points)
OIL - Wasatch Moose (18 points)

....so planning on hunting gen archery deer and archery elk (spike)

·
JMgardner
418 Posts
Put the wife and I both in for General season deer on the cache as a group. should get that.

put us both in for the late rifle hunt on cache south as individuals. i have 1 elk point and she has 0 but if one of us draws, will just get spike tag for the other and make a good time out of it.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
We can be scouting partners when they give us our sheep tags goofy -_O- . Come on 4 point luck.

·
Registered
100 Posts
GS muzzle deer, LE muzzle books deer ( 5 points), Henry's hunters choice buffalo ( 5 points) on the waiting period for Bear can't wait to get back in on that

·
Registered
9,935 Posts
Between me and the wife/boy:

Moose, Bison, Beaver Mt Goat.
Books Deer (x2), Nebo LE Elk (supposedly guaranteed tag this year for me)
Buck Antelope x3, doe antelope x3
Gen Deer x5

Had a nightmare the other night... dreamed we drew all 3 OILs plus the LE's... had to take 6 weeks off work to get it all done. LOL

-DallanC

·
Super Moderator
9,612 Posts
Had a nightmare the other night... dreamed we drew all 3 OILs plus the LE's... had to take 6 weeks off work to get it all done. LOL

-DallanC
Now that is a problem we all should have.

·
Registered
8,945 Posts
For me Archery,muzzy,rifle and then muzzy again on a differnt unite.
bonus point for moose,elk and bear.

girl friend and her son just points for deer and antelope.

buddy
archery archery rifle
bonus point for antelope

sister and bother in law
rifle,muzzy,archery
bonus points for antelope.

Nephew
Rifle,muzzy and then muzzy for another unite
bonus point for antelope

we should draw two muzzy tags and one archery tags.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Oquirh archery deer, SW desert elk and rmb sheep. I will be eligible for LE deer next year which I will then go back to that

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
Book Cliffs Late elk with 1 point.

Preference point for general deer. My dad should be guaranteed a draw this year, and one tag is enough for us. We're hoping for Thousand lakes, but if he draws his second choice, it won't break my heart...

It's also our first year applying for OIAL tags. I'm in for a Desert bighorn tag with 0 points. I've calculated my odds of drawing as roughly 1 in 1500.

At this point, my dad is too old to make it to the top of any OIAL point pool, so he wasn't even going to bother trying for one. I told him I'd pay his app fee if he did, so he chose Bighorn Sheep on Antelope Island.

And in case you're wondering, I absolutely refuse to calculate his drawing odds. :mrgreen: I don't think I want to know how much of a chance my $10 bought him.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Me
LE Elk archery Roadless Books (9 points)... Better Draw it!!!!
Moose point!!

Wife
LE Elk Central Manti (9 points)
Rocky Mountain Sheep...

I really want to hunt a big bull this year in the rut!!

1 - 20 of 92 Posts