Utah Wildlife Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
So I am currently down on the unit that I drew my dedicated tag for. I hiked in a ways to my first camera that was a significant distance from the road and in an area with very thick cover. The camera was just placed on a flat where a few random trails intersected. When I set the camera I took photos of where the camera was set as well as my salt lick. The camera was also marked ok onX. Both are now gone. With that being said I understand that this is public land..... Thanks to the low life mother f****r that took my camera and salt lick. I hope your season goes well. I can see that the deer and elk were enjoying the attractant by how the ground is all tore up where the lick was. I did replenish the area with a powder attractant and will check up on it. Unreal. End of rant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
So I am currently down on the unit that I drew my dedicated tag for. I hiked in a ways to my first camera that was a significant distance from the road and in an area with very thick cover. The camera was just placed on a flat where a few random trails intersected. When I set the camera I took photos of where the camera was set as well as my salt lick. The camera was also marked ok onX. Both are now gone. With that being said I understand that this is public land..... Thanks to the low life mother f****r that took my camera and salt lick. I hope your season goes well. I can see that the deer and elk were enjoying the attractant by how the ground is all tore up where the lick was. I did replenish the area with a powder attractant and will check up on it. Unreal. End of rant.

That sucks. I always lock up my cameras if I'm at all unsure about an area.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
I haven't seen much of anything in my area. In fact I would actually say I've seen next to nothing.
Worst year in a long time, maybe ever.
Had a few elk hanging around but as soon as they brought the sheep in they left, not to be seen since.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Here are a few pictures off of my trail cameras from the past 3 weeks. Sorry I forgot to reset the date.

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
Ridge
Thats a nice buck.

·
Registered
20 Posts

·
Registered
3,932 Posts
Here are a few I found the other day.

·
Registered
9,859 Posts
Very cool!

Hey, thats the solution to the "tag" issue. We only let people shoot animals with cameras. The same deer can get shot multiple times by different people. Everyone can hunt every year. Heck we can allow people to shoot multiple bucks too. ;)

-DallanC

21 - 33 of 33 Posts