Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know some of you fishing bums went there this weekend? I'm dying to know what the conditions were. How about a report? Don't be shy. :eek:

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Fine, since you twisted my arm enough, here it goes. 8)

The ice was between 4 to 6 inches in most places we fished. We were by the docks. The bite was slow as usual after a big storm, but I landed three, and missed about four times that many, they were spiting my hooks somehow. J-bass landed 9 of them one was a fatty about 3lbs. Most of them were rainbows, and one was a cutt. Some guys next to us landed rainbows, browns, tigers and cutts. We were using white jigs with night crawlers.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
JAT83 said:
I was wanting to go up there this week to, how are the roads going up there?
If it is going to storm this weekend, I would recommend not risking it without 4 wheel drive, or a sound handling vehicle in the snow. The roads were very icey and we had to travel sloooooooow. We did see a rather big buck on the roadside though. :D

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Nibble Nuts said:
JAT83 said:
If it is going to storm this weekend, I would recommend not risking it without 4 wheel drive, or a sound handling vehicle in the snow. The roads were very icey and we had to travel sloooooooow. We did see a rather big buck on the roadside though. :D
I guess my 98' 4 cyl. Accord wouldn't be a good idea then :lol: ...Guess I need to save up for a truck or a subaru!

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
JAT83 said:
Nibble Nuts said:
JAT83 said:
I guess my 98' 4 cyl. Accord wouldn't be a good idea then :lol: ...Guess I need to save up for a truck or a subaru!
I need to save up for one too. Good thing J-bass has a truck though.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Okay, we got there and instantly pulled out the fillet knives and started swiping at eachothers throats. Occasionally a fish would bite and one would have to step away from the festivities to bring it in. After getting sloppy drunk, we decided another brawl was in order so I grabbed the ice auger and he grabbed my chair and we went to town. Needless to say, it was a good time, even though he wasn't responsive enough to drive home, so I had to. His wife keeps calling me too, but I won't answer since I know she'll just take his side. 8)

·
Registered
348 Posts
Sorry I haven't posted in a while, but with the unresponsive sloppy drinking and an ice auger stuck up my ass, (I have to remember that Nuts fights a lot better when he's drunk), I really wasn't feeling up to it. We went out to "the Scoe" and caught some fish. It was cool. We used both rods and reels, and line as well. Hooks were attatched to the lines with bait. Good luck.

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
J-bass said:
Sorry I haven't posted in a while, but with the unresponsive sloppy drinking and an ice auger stuck up my ass, (I have to remember that Nuts fights a lot better when he's drunk), I really wasn't feeling up to it. We went out to "the Scoe" and caught some fish. It was cool. We used both rods and reels, and line as well. Hooks were attatched to the lines with bait. Good luck.
So that is what I have been doing wrong all along, you put bait on the hooks.... AAHHHHH I see now..... I was so used to fishing at lagoon with a bare hook, I never knew you had to bait them....

·
Registered
348 Posts
orvis1 said:
J-bass said:
So that is what I have been doing wrong all along, you put bait on the hooks.... AAHHHHH I see now..... I was so used to fishing at lagoon with a bare hook, I never knew you had to bait them....
It's things like this that make this forum magical!!!

And no Fatbass, it was only a hand auger. Thank goodness too. :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts