Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So what type of buck do you like best, is it the ones with a lot of extra junk, a giant typical, or another?

·
Registered
4,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The type of bucks I like best are ones that are tall, I like taller more than wider but do like bucks anywhere from 27"-30" wide, I don't like bucks that look like their antlers only go up a few inches then out. I like typicals, I don't mind a few extra points but like the looks of a giant typical rather than the ones with all the points (not to say I wouldn't shoot one if it came along). I like to see brow tines to and good heavy antlers that aren't skinny but fat.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I like your typical four pts with one or two cheaters and eye guards, if they are tall has wide they all the better.

·
Registered
12,174 Posts
I like typicals with high and deep forks. I'll take a deepforked 26" typical over a shallowforked 30" nontypical every time.

PRO

·
Registered
812 Posts
i like the bucks that sit there and let you look them over awhile before you decide if you should shoot or not. those darn things that are so concerned that you are there to kill them and are out of the county under 3.5 seconds are just sooooooo anoying.

really i would rather take a huge typical with mass and deep forks myself even if it is not at that magic 30" spread. does this years sportsmans buck remind anyone else of a younger buck of justice? or is it just me.

·
Registered
623 Posts
proutdoors said:
I like typicals with high and deep forks. I'll take a deepforked 26" typical over a shallowforked 30" nontypical every time.

PRO
If it wasn't considered poaching, I'd take em both. I like mass.

·
Registered
8,221 Posts
I'm with EPEK, I like mass.....and two eyed deer. The one eyed ones are like hunting The 40 year old bagger at the grocery store.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts