Utah Wildlife Forum banner
201 - 220 of 249 Posts

·
Administrator
8,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #204 ·
The Rolling Stones are my favorite by far. Also like, Led Zeppelin( my ears rang for 2 weeks after a Zeppelin concert back in the 70s), Hendrix ,Cream, CCR, U2, ZZ Top, Skynard, Ten Years After, Humble Pie , Johnny Winters and other classic rock bands.
Also like Hank Jr, Johnny Cash and other country singers.
Im in my late 30s and find myself constantly going back to many of these artists over and over again. They just cant be matched and I never get as absorbed into music like I do with many of these artists. They are before my time, but every time I listen to their music it feels like an old pair of shoes that just fit perfectly.

Good taste sir

·
Registered
366 Posts
Im in my late 30s and find myself constantly going back to many of these artists over and over again. They just cant be matched and I never get as absorbed into music like I do with many of these artists. They are before my time, but every time I listen to their music it feels like an old pair of shoes that just fit perfectly.

Good taste sir
Thanks, I got about 30 years on ya. I raised my soon to be 21 year old grandson. He came home the other day and I had the Stones on a little loud. He told me I was getting too old to be listening to the Stones still. I just smiled and turned it up. 😄 😄

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
I’m mostly a classic rock guy but I found myself adding this one to my playlist after I found myself singing along after it came on the radio the other day. Who didn’t have a crush on Jennifer Beals back in the day?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Thanks, I got about 30 years on ya. I raised my soon to be 21 year old grandson. He came home the other day and I had the Stones on a little loud. He told me I was getting too old to be listening to the Stones still. I just smiled and turned it up. 😄 😄
Irish Lad
If they're still playing it at their age. You can listen to at any level you want!

·
Registered
366 Posts
I’m mostly a classic rock guy but I found myself adding this one to my playlist after I found myself singing along after it came on the radio the other day. Who didn’t have a crush on Jennifer Beals back in the day?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I remember my wife buying the soundtrack on the way home from the movie.

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
My wife and I have been playing a game of 5 crowns at the kitchen table in the evenings at night and have been playing "against the wind" radio on Pandora. As you would imagine they play lots of Seger, as well as the eagles, CCR, Tom Petty, Eric Clapton and other artists from around that period. Sometimes we turn off all the lights and just play under the glow of a Coleman lantern and tell ourselves we are camping. Guess we got a little cabin fever, but spring is right around the corner!

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
This number comes up in the rotation a lot. I really dig it.

I miss Levon Helm. I liked his singing, drumming and his acting in the films he was in. He just seemed like a good down to earth dude. Several artists have mentioned him in their songs so he must of been highly thought of.

Check out the Last Waltz. Its a Martin Scorsese documentary about the Bands last concert.

·
Administrator
8,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #218 ·
Would any of you fellers be interested in me starting a UWN Spotify Playlist that members can edit? I couldnt publicly post the link and would have to share by PM but it could be a fun way to be exposed to new music

Reactions: 2full
201 - 220 of 249 Posts