Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've come across a deal online of a .30-06 with a grey/black laminate stock and a stainless stell barrel in ruger m77 for 500 bucks. They say it has only been shot 4 times and it looks pretty pristine in the pictures. Is this a good deal for this model?

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Does it have a scope? That seems like a "decent" price for that gun, I wouldn't go screaming to the bank at that price though.

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
I bought one a few weeks ago. It's a Ruger American model in 30-06. Blued barrel and composite stock from wally world for 168$. They had the same gun "on sale" at cabelas for 399$. Check wally world for clearance.

·
Administrator
7,915 Posts
They say it has only been shot 4 times
Does that mean only 4 rounds through it, or does that mean 4 separate trips to shoot 100 rounds out of it each time?

Im always leery of that kind of description.

But assuming it is virtually brand new condition, I'd say $500 is a fair price considering I've seen new ones sell for $700

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Does that mean only 4 rounds through it, or does that mean 4 separate trips to shoot 100 rounds out of it each time?

Im always leery of that kind of description.

But assuming it is virtually brand new condition, I'd say $500 is a fair price considering I've seen new ones sell for $700
Yeah. I didn't quite know what to think of that wording either.

Mcfly, $168 for a brand new hunting rifle? You scored big time!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts