Utah Wildlife Forum banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

Registered
Lt. Turkey in Utah - April.
Hog in Texas - late April.
Bear in Idaho - late May.
Muzzy deer Utah.
Muzzy elk Utah.
Wife should be hunting Colorado 3rd season with her 18 points馃.
Possibly one of 3 sons hunting elk in Wyoming LT elk unit.
Possibly deer in Wyoming LT deer unit for myself or one of my 3 sons.

Let the draws began to see what might happen!!!

Registered
One of my sons has top points (12) for Book cliffs muzzy deer and another is really close to top (11) for Wasatch late elk, so hopefully we'll be stuffing the freezer and hanging something on the wall. Plus general deer and hopefully lots of quack, quack, BOOM after that. Cow elk is getting so tough to draw, that we may have to go control cow and cross our fingers.

Registered
One of my sons has top points (12) for Book cliffs muzzy deer and another is really close to top (11) for Wasatch late elk, so hopefully we'll be stuffing the freezer and hanging something on the wall. Plus general deer and hopefully lots of quack, quack, BOOM after that. Cow elk is getting so tough to draw, that we may have to go control cow and cross our fingers.
12 points isn't top for muzzy. But a guy can dream I suppose

Registered
12 points isn't top for muzzy. But a guy can dream I suppose
Every person with 12 points drew the tag last year, and 21 of the 23 with 11 drew it as well. I'd say that unless something changes drastically, 12 points is a reasonably safe bet to draw it in 2021. If things stayed static, everyone with 10 or 11 points remaining from last year will successful draw it this year. Of course, things don't stay static, but 12 points is still a good bet at this point. (Assuming he is a resident.)

Registered
Every person with 12 points drew the tag last year, and 21 of the 23 with 11 drew it as well. I'd say that unless something changes drastically, 12 points is a reasonably safe bet to draw it in 2021. If things stayed static, everyone with 10 or 11 points remaining from last year will successful draw it this year. Of course, things don't stay static, but 12 points is still a good bet at this point. (Assuming he is a resident.)
I'm hearing some drastic tag cuts are in the works out there... and I know several dudes jumping ship looking to burn their deer points (14+) this year due to unknown future issues regarding hunts and technology that are possibly going to be forced upon us. Guys are wanting to go hunting now, while they can. Hell I know a dude that spent 17 points on an archery Vernon tag. It'll be interesting to see how everything plays out.

Registered
Future hypothetical changes to the system are certainly not something I can factor in, and because our state forces us to apply before tag numbers are set, that also is not something we can take into consideration.

But yes, any of those can have a big impact on how things go. I would be surprised if it's enough to make 12 points not draw a Books muzzy tag, however. That seems like a pretty good bet. Then again, most of those bison hunters at the top of the point pool on the Book Cliffs thought that as well until the wildlife board created a twice in a lifetime bison tag out there. So, you never really know.

Registered
I grew up in OK Provider...what do you want to know?

41 - 53 of 53 Posts