Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
JMgardner
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been offered this gun in partial trade for my 22-250 I posted on here (by someone not on here). It looks like a nice gun but have no idea what it's worth since it's not exactly basic, but I have an inkling some of you gun gurus will. It's a savage 93r17 17hmr, stainless bull barrel with a laminated thumb hole stock that looks pretty nice and a scope (not sure what kind but just assume it's an average $125 new scope) also comes with three mags, and 740 rds. Any help is very much appreciated

Attachments

·
JMgardner
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, i thought it was a custom stock and what not , but i found it on savages website and then gun broker. cheapest new on gun broker was $367 plus shipping. turns out the scope is a basic bushnell 3x9. if i got it, i feel like for gun, scope rings and ammo, i could ask $450 and be fair. or am i way off?

·
Registered
9,953 Posts
Depends what year it was made, and if it has the Accutrigger or the other crappy trigger. I have a 93r17 heavy barrel (not stainless) I think I paid $225 for new (and that was for a lefty action... which was more than the standard). It is the pre-accutrigger version though and not worth as much as the newer ones that came with it. The mags are kindof expensive and will bump the price up some.

There is so little recoil on these you can put almost any scope on it. I put a cheap simmons on mine and can shoot quarters at 100 yards easily, consistently... that cost me $35.

I think $450 is very high if its the crappy trigger.

-DallanC

·
Registered
4 Posts
i have over 500 invested in mine. i have also shot prairie dogs at 257 years and cans at 300 yards with gun. i would say 450 is fair depending on how much its been shot

·
Super Moderator
9,631 Posts
i have over 500 invested in mine. i have also shot prairie dogs at 257 years and cans at 300 yards with gun. i would say 450 is fair depending on how much its been shot
Is that light years or normal years, which ever that's a hell of a shot. :shock:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts