Utah Wildlife Forum banner

What's your favorite season of the year?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On this poll you are able to change your vote because I personally can't make up my mind. It's a toss up between spring and fall. I love the spring because of the shed hunting and coyote sniping. Unfortunately I live in Northern Utah so I have to make the commute to either Idaho,Wyoming, or Southern Utah to enjoy the shed hunting aspect.

The fall is nice because of the general deer hunt and observing the diversity of deer that are coming out of the hills including my own. But for some reason I enjoy seeing the deer that come out as Cactus bucks, or One horned deer too. The character is easier to observe during the general season and I often dedicate entire weeks to this time of the year.

I guess if I was restricted only to Utah I would say the fall. In general though I am more active in the spring and the neighboring states provide me with a shed hunting opportunity worth the gas that I spend to get out and see the world. The summer is just too hot and dry. The winter is great but it is just freezing cold out there and there's a stupid holiday that makes me responsible for buying presents and doing all this shopping with my wife to make up for the rest of the year.

·
Registered
12,174 Posts
In order; Fall, Spring, Summer, Winter. I love fall because of the hunts, I love the spring because of the renewal of life. Summer is too hot, winter too cold.

PRO

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Late summer and fall is my pick just because I bow hunt. I will also +1 fall because of football.

·
Registered
6,305 Posts
Don't hate me because I'm different. I cast the only vote for summer. P-doggin is my passion along with motorcycling. Now if I can only figure out how to carry 5 varmint rifles on that bike. :lol:

·
Registered
812 Posts
fall is my favorite bar none. love the hunts that take place but, the weather is perfect for me as well. i fish in the summer to pass the time my real passion is hunting though.

·
Registered
154 Posts
my 2 cents is fall-winter-spring- fall again. i hate summer. it is only worth it if your out on the lake skiing or on some sort of scouting trip. if your working it totally stinks. but fall is winner hands down.

·
Registered
390 Posts
archery said:
my 2 cents is fall-winter-spring- fall again. i hate summer.
+1 it's way to hot!! the only good things about summer is baseball & camping! oh yeah fishing but that's part of camping!
I picked fall the cool crispness in the air, the leaves changing colors and the hunting season about to begin! _O\

·
Registered
348 Posts
This is a cool post. I will tell of my favorites in reverse order.

Winter is my least favorite season. It's so cold, and dark so much of the day. The storms are vicious and unforgiving in the winter. Also, when you go outside the sounds and smells are somehow repressed in winter, and the snow and the sky seem to be pushing in on each other and it feels pressurized and claustrophobia inducing. Plus, everything's a burden in the winter. You have so many clothes on that doing simple tasks become difficult and fine motor skills seem to vanish. Not a good season, even if the fishing can be great.

Summer is sooo **** hot! And being a big guy, I don't cope well with the +100 degree days. Plus, everything becomes so scorched and the outdoors and everything in it seem to slow way down, because moving too fast just uses up too much energy. I will say that nothing beats the morning and evening in the summer though, and those times are my favorite time of any season, but they are so fleeting that I can't count summer itself as my favorite.

Spring is the universal season of re-growth, and therefore a beautiful time of year. It's so green and rainy and I can only think of water and wetness in spring. The fishing becomes amazing, and wildlife seems to burst from nowhere in the spring. Spring is a loud and boisterous season with a veritable cacophony of noises spewing forth from nature. It warms up, but stays cool enough to bear the temperatures throughout the day. I love spring.

But fall is the king of all seasons. The cool crispness in the air. The lingering sunlight that allows for extended adventures and extra casts. There seems to be an electric anticipation in the air during the fall, like something exiting is about to happen and if you're at the right place at the right time, you might just be a part of it. The bass are still bighting, the trout come to life, there's deer hunting, and elk hunting. Upland game and waterfowl are suddenly huntable as well. Everyday can be spent in the outdoors pursuing a different wildlife adventure and there are never so many choices as in fall. The colors of the changing leaves are rustic and earthy, and the smells are more vibrant and musky. What a glorious season fall is and how sad that it's already passed us by. :cry: :cry: :cry:

At least there's next year though.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I'm with Bronco (Go Broncos), football and hunting in the fall (fishing is great too). (what's up with losing to the Raiders :evil: very disappointing). I really enjoyed the way J-bass described it as well, good job J-bass. I guess there is a purpose for drunk hillbillys, though slow, and dangerous behind the wheel, you can still serve a purpose :D :wink:

·
Registered
348 Posts
Guns and Flies said:
I guess there is a purpose for drunk hillbillys, though slow, and dangerous behind the wheel, you can still serve a purpose
It's true, we're only good at being dumb, recklessly driving while under the influence and poetically describing our love for fall. :D :wink: :wink: :mrgreen: :D
I'm glad you liked it.

·
Registered
71 Posts
The fall, eating halloween candy on the hill looking for deer.

Also buying candy about 3 to 4 times to keep the stock up for the 31st.(It always disappears) :?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts