Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a neighbor/friend who loves to hunt and shoot, but never has had the opportunity to go duck hunting. I would love to take him but don't have a boat and the spots I hunt are not wheelchair friendly. Does anyone know of any spots that would accomadate a wheelchair hunter? I have a good dog/ decoys and all the rest. Thanks

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
I hear Lee Kay is now open to disabled hunters.:roll:
You can reserve the handicapped blind at Farmington Bay. You can drive right to it, it's located at the North entrance on the East side just before the headquarter buildings.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
I have a neighbor/friend who loves to hunt and shoot, but never has had the opportunity to go duck hunting. I would love to take him but don't have a boat and the spots I hunt are not wheelchair friendly. Does anyone know of any spots that would accomadate a wheelchair hunter? I have a good dog/ decoys and all the rest. Thanks
Public Shooting Grounds WMA has five handicap-accessible blinds on the East end of Pintail Lake, right off the road. They are mainly good for pass-shooting, but you may have success setting some decoys on the edge of the lake. They are first come, first served, but I've never seen more than one in use at a time. I have seen quite a few birds passing over them on certain days (usually the stormy ones).

Bear River Bird Refuge also has one that can be reserved, according to their hunting information brochure, in unit 10 (which is otherwise closed to public access). I don't know anything more about that one.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I want to say there's also a blind you can reserve at fish springs but I'm not 100% sure and I'm not sure where your located and that can be quite the drive

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We are located in Sevier County so most places are going to be quite a drive. That is one of the reasons why I asked as I can't easily check on my own and would hate to make a trip and have him disappointed on his first duck hunt.

·
Administrator
8,119 Posts
I agree with Clarq on the PSG blinds. They could be tricky to hunt, but would be a nice option to give a test run on. I bet that a good caller could make that a pretty decent area to get some birds.

·
Registered
195 Posts
There is a blind at fish springs for disabled hunters. Call before hand and talk to them about it for more info. I am sure only the disabled hunter is a loud to shoot.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts