Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone knows of any lakes that are frozen over yet? I am getting a little bit anxious for the ice fishing season to start.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I just read in the fishing trips report section where Fishlake's marinas are frozen. That is a really good sign. Anyone know anything about Woodruff?? It has got to be getting close.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
We went up to Silver Lake in American Fork Canyon horseback riding one saturday and Silver lake is completely frozen except for a small area near the inlet. There were tons of fish jumping in that small area, kinda cool to watch. Saw 7 or 8 different moose up there as well. Hopefully the other lakes will start freezing soon as well!

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
I don't know if the highway has been closed yet (I doubt it), but the lakes on the Mirror Lake Hwy should be frozen nicely right now. The fish won't be huge, but I bet they're hungry.

·
Registered
889 Posts
no open water at scofield today, drove up thinking i could try and snag a brown like some. headed up next monday w/ ice rigs... Any takers???

·
Registered
348 Posts
ScottyP said:
In my glass. Keeping the Crown and Coke deliciously cold.
MMMMMM. Now that's the tastiest reply I've seen in a long time!!! :D

·
Registered
309 Posts
cwp said:
I was wondering if anyone knows of any lakes that are frozen over yet? I am getting a little bit anxious for the ice fishing season to start.
If you want to get into some 13"-19" tiger trout thru the ice, Huntington is the place to go right now. Fishing is hot, and the ice is plenty thick.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
FC2Tuber said:
cwp said:
If you want to get into some 13"-19" tiger trout thru the ice, Huntington is the place to go right now. Fishing is hot, and the ice is plenty thick.
That would be nice! I haven't fished Huntington before.

·
Registered
309 Posts
JAT83 said:
FC2Tuber said:
cwp said:
That would be nice! I haven't fished Huntington before.
If I get a chance to go, I'll drop you a PM. If you'd like to go, we'll hook up. That place is awesome. :D

·
Registered
309 Posts
waltny said:
What about up north? Any like Causey got ice on it yet? Might see if I can get a KP to get up there sat afternoon.
I don't know for a fact, but I seriously doubt it. Maybe in a week or 10 days or so. Maybe Birch Creek or Woodruff.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts