Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are all your thoughts? Where are you guys going? I was thinking either Deer Creek or Jordanelle, but have never fished those two through the ice and have no idea where to locate at. Should I just pick a spot and try it out? I would like to go to Strawberry but if it is still slushy I dont. It has been cold so maybe it will be worth the trip. Anyways what are your thoughts?

·
Registered
67 Posts
I was thinking the Berry too. I would think that with all this very cold weather this past week, we should have solid ice to fish. I may be wrong, I have never ice fished the Berry before or any lake in Utah for that matter. If anyone has a good place to go and wants a tag along, let me know. I've got the auger :D

·
Registered
127 Posts
From what I hear of the Berry fishing has been slow lately, and slushy. Deer Creek seems to be the place to go lately. I havent been to either this year, so I am only going off what I have heard. Good luck, and let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
I think you probably can. There's a group of us going to the Rock Cliff arm in the morning.

From what I remember about the RC boat ramp, it's pretty steep and narrow. I think your wheeler will be fine though. If you have any trouble getting up the ramp, you can always throw it in 4 and get a running start.

·
Premium Member
8,234 Posts
The boat ramp is easy....Not sure about the 'ice' though...

·
Registered
599 Posts
Im trying to decide if I wanna go fishing or coyote hunting. O|* Its like someone giving me a hundred bucks and telling me its the last hundred bucks I will ever have to spend at sportsmans and I have twenty minutes to figure out what Im gonna buy.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
huntducksordietrying said:
Im trying to decide if I wanna go fishing or coyote hunting. O|* Its like someone giving me a hundred bucks and telling me its the last hundred bucks I will ever have to spend at sportsmans and I have twenty minutes to figure out what Im gonna buy.
Now THAT'S an analogy for you. :lol:

Think of it this way:

You probably won't feed your family a coyote, right? Bait is cheaper than ammo. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
599 Posts
LOAH said:
huntducksordietrying said:
Now THAT'S an analogy for you. :lol:

Think of it this way:

You probably won't feed your family a coyote, right? Bait is cheaper than ammo. :mrgreen:
I got a ton of ammo that I need to go spend so I can reload some rounds. Also, I hate keeping fish, my wife likes it when I do so I just tell her that I only caught a couple small ones and let them go.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Or I could go drive around the state shooting big game animals, small game animals and protected animals.

With my camera that is.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts