Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a couple Angus/Maine Anjou beef steers that are getting to big to hold until fall to kill. Anyone interested in a beef or 1/2 a beef in June shoot me a PM. I raise my beef from birth. These beef will hang 700-750lbs by June. They been on grain since they came off the mountain (Oct). I also still have 2 left for the fall killing if interested

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
I picked up about 40-50 pounds from him awhile back and can attest to his beef, great marbling and huge ribeyes, if we didn't have 2 elk in the freezer I would be picking up more from him. If you have the room in your freezer I highly suggest you contact him, your stomach will thank you! Just be prepared to sit and chat for a bit, he has some good stories to share.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I too am curious on the $/lbs or per quarter/half
If a half of beef hangs 360 lbs at 2.60 per lb = 936.00
Plus you pay cutting and wrapping .45 per lb = 162.00
and half of the kill fee is 40.00

So total for a half that weighs 360 would be 1138.00

You can call Millers in Hyrum and if their price for choice beef is less I will lower my price , I set my price based on what Millers is paying.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Thanks for the 1/2 beef, Kirt. We picked ours up from C&S after they let it hang for about 9 or 10 days. We made burgers that night, and since have had rib steaks, sirloin steaks, and a roast cooked to make French Dip sandwiches. It has all been DELICIOUS! C&S Meats did a fantastic job and was very professional! I will definitely look to you when I am ready for another order!

HunterDavid ;-)

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the 1/2 beef, Kirt. We picked ours up from C&S after they let it hang for about 9 or 10 days. We made burgers that night, and since have had rib steaks, sirloin steaks, and a roast cooked to make French Dip sandwiches. It has all been DELICIOUS! C&S Meats did a fantastic job and was very professional! I will definitely look to you when I am ready for another order!

HunterDavid ;-)
Thanks and if you have any problems let me know.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts