Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to try a new broadhead this year. I have shot muzzy since I started hunting but have been looking into others for this year. I am most likely going to be hunting deer, elk and maybe antelope (depending on what I draw) I dont have much experience with anything but muzzy. what fixed broadheads do you guys like and why?

·
Premium Member
2,741 Posts
Nothing wrong with the muzzy's at all. The past few years I have been using the Montec G5's and they have performed well.

Reactions: bowgy and SR-1

·
Registered
469 Posts
I use Montec G5's as well. They are incredibly tough and can punch through bone pretty well. I have had good success with them.

·
Registered
8,945 Posts
I have shot g5 broad heads and I like them. but the only down fall was the blades would break easy even just hitting soft dirt. So I switched back to muzzy to the x-3 and been very happy with them. I have shot them for the five season and I wont be shooting any other heads any time soon.

·
Registered
162 Posts

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
My choice for over 50 years Bear Razors, with or without the bleeder insert.Punched into a bunch of trees, Get a small file couple a strokes and most of the time ready to go.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Killed a bear with a Muzzy. Killed deer elk and hogs with a variety of other heads. Killed a couple of antelope with Magnus Buzz Cutts. Currently shooting Buzz Cutts for everything.

·
Registered
556 Posts
This year I am switching from 100 gr MX3 to a 125 gr Montec just to try it out.

·
Senior Goof
3,612 Posts
Montec G5. Can't believe the exit wounds we made with them. They knock deer out and are sharp and durable. The back edges are sharp so every contact point is a razor.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Slick Tricks here as well.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts