Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.sweatnbulletz.com/2015/01/15/top-10-annoying-stereotypic-hunters/

My brother and I both take turns being #1 with each other. #9 probably fits me quite well also lol. My buddies have been pretty guilty of #20 especially when they were newly married. Pretty much any time I am out hunting my better half is with me so no problems there! I see quite a bit of #18 on here and other hunting forums. Extra big pat on the back for you fellas. I'm pretty much the anti-thesis of number 6. Chalk it up to me being a cheapskate or whatever. My typical hunting decor is some blue jeans, whatever pair of boots I'm using as work boots at the time and a hoodie that may or may not even be camo and that's even when I am bow hunting. If I'm rifle hunting the hoodie will be exchanged for an orange jacket. #13 and #16 are fairly ubiquitous in all hunting circles it seems.

·
Registered
9,387 Posts
In the 45+ odd years that I have hunted I think that I have hunted with just about all of them at least once, and for a lot of them that is all it takes for them not to get invited on the next hunting trip.

But the do need to add another one. That is the hunter that drinks way too much the night before and then argues with you when it comes time to get up. They then stay in camp until after daylight and then ride their wheeler down to a shady spot and take a nap only to be woke up by a elk standing next to their wheeler, which they promptly shoot. Yep, I have hunted with that guy also.

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
I almost always hunt alone. Last two years I've had my 12 year old with me who is now old enough to hunt. He does what he's told so no issue there :D

-DallanC

·
Premium Member
2,327 Posts
Been a solo hunter for the great majority of my hunting years, with the exception of the last few, and that fellow I'm mentoring is a sheer pleasure to be with. Now FISHING, I've been with some fellers and gals that fit the bill for several of those situations, haha!

·
West side Utah Lake
3,905 Posts
Geeze I must be missing the boat, I've hunted with maybe only 2-3 of those. Of course it was a one time hunt too, never go back a second time with those types.

·
Registered
9,387 Posts
Geeze I must be missing the boat, I've hunted with maybe only 2-3 of those. Of course it was a one time hunt too, never go back a second time with those types.
Just about all those on my list were invited by an other hunter that I was with. I have learned over the years to find someone that is the same type of hunter that I am and that eliminates a lot of problems, but when they invite someone else you just never know.

Also on the list should be those that you invite to a great spot and then the next year they go by themselves to the same spot with a dozen of their buddies.

·
Registered
658 Posts
To some degree we have all been most of those. I mean to dad or gramps. We were the noob asking for them to take us or the guy that has to use candy wrappers to wipe your butt when you poo in the middle of nowhere as a young kid (I pack wet wipes now). I mean on thanksgiving day we cut the morning hunt short more to please our wives than we do to go eat that nasty bird called "dinner". Who hasn't gotten to the point where you give the guys that shoot two points a hard time. Especially if youve hunted for a a few years and stopped killing young ones for whatever reason. I get super jealous when I see some one shoot a big buck, I like to think I'm genuinely happy for them, but am I? Just food for thought, we've all been 80% of this type of hunter at one point.

·
Super Moderator
4,248 Posts
Ahh, #9 hits me at the worst times,hunting,fishing(I have a story that maybe someday I will tell,every time I tell someone about it my wife laughs until she cries)I always have a complete change of cloths with me on ALL trips.Including socks and shoes.Oh the horror:shock:

Reactions: 35whelen

·
Registered
648 Posts
I've hunted with a few of them. Anymore those guys aren't around my camp, just a couple of good guys that love the outdoors and love sharing in the success of whoever is lucky enough to kill a buck.

·
Registered
4,853 Posts
I hunt on and off with 5 guys and none of them resemble any of the 20. Well, maybe one friend is a little borderline 20 but it only helps me realize how special and understanding my wife is.

·
Registered
3,674 Posts
Quickest way to never hunt with me again is to be a 17. 17a is worse. That's the person who is never satisfied with their own kills. Nothing pisses me off more than a guy who puts down an animal that they just killed or acts all butt-hurt when the tape doesn't stretch quite as far as they'd like it to. ---------SS

·
Registered
4,853 Posts
Quickest way to never hunt with me again is to be a 17. 17a is worse. That's the person who is never satisfied with their own kills. Nothing pisses me off more than a guy who puts down an animal that they just killed or acts all butt-hurt when the tape doesn't stretch quite as far as they'd like it to. ---------SS
One of the worse things I hate to hear is when a person states.... Well, it might not be the biggest buck or bull on the mountain but I'm still proud of it.
Seriously, who gives a crap how big it is or isn't. If your happy with what you tagged out on, that's all that matters.
Note: I don't mean you personally SS.:grin:

·
Registered
449 Posts
There could be another 10+ items I could add to the list. Waterfowl hunting alone could generate its own list.
The guy who always says that they limited out on ducks in the same area just the day before, but never has pictures or witnesses, etc.
The 'sky buster', need I say more?
The guy who claims every bird hit. The claimer will consistently pull doubles and triples out of while hunting in a blind with 4 other guys while they all miss. Hopefully he limits out quickly and the B.S. ends there.
The wrong shell shooter. "If I only were shooting size 2 shot instead of these sized 3 shot I would be hitting birds..."
The extended invite guy. A hot spot is shared with a friend and he brings along his cousin, and his neighbor, and his girlfriends brother, and his insurance salesman, and so on... The next time you go to your spot, you find your previously 'invited' friend there with a mob of other people. The hot spot is no longer a hot spot.
The tactical guy: every piece of his hunting gear is some sort of military tactical special ops combat law enforcement chuck Norris endorsed prepper zombie apocalypse ready item. Geez, I thought we were hunting ducks, not going into combat. (Well, there is Farmington bay after all)

·
West side Utah Lake
3,905 Posts
There could be another 10+ items I could add to the list. Waterfowl hunting alone could generate its own list.
The guy who always says that they limited out on ducks in the same area just the day before, but never has pictures or witnesses, etc.
The 'sky buster', need I say more?
The guy who claims every bird hit. The claimer will consistently pull doubles and triples out of while hunting in a blind with 4 other guys while they all miss. Hopefully he limits out quickly and the B.S. ends there.
The wrong shell shooter. "If I only were shooting size 2 shot instead of these sized 3 shot I would be hitting birds..."
The extended invite guy. A hot spot is shared with a friend and he brings along his cousin, and his neighbor, and his girlfriends brother, and his insurance salesman, and so on... The next time you go to your spot, you find your previously 'invited' friend there with a mob of other people. The hot spot is no longer a hot spot.
The tactical guy: every piece of his hunting gear is some sort of military tactical special ops combat law enforcement chuck Norris endorsed prepper zombie apocalypse ready item. Geez, I thought we were hunting ducks, not going into combat. (Well, there is Farmington bay after all)
I'm getting a tactical vest with the super duper plates on it along with a swat kevlar helmet and faceshield for FB this fall. All in hunter orange of course

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
I have hunted with well left behind in camp a lot of guys who fit the #7 mold. but hell I don't care. they come in pretty **** handy when I have self control and dump a big ole stinky bull.they are waking up just in time for the packout. either way we all have a good time

·
Administrator
7,852 Posts

I'm an inconvenient pooper. Seems like that extra spicy beef jerky at the gas station was a good idea at the time....

·
Registered
110 Posts
Good hunting buddies are hard to find. My hunting partner has a pavement truck, is afraid to leave my side. But he always has t.p when I'm in need. I'm going solo this year under one circumstance I keep in touch with the old lady

·
Registered
9,387 Posts
Good hunting buddies are hard to find. My hunting partner has a pavement truck, is afraid to leave my side. But he always has t.p when I'm in need. I'm going solo this year under one circumstance I keep in touch with the old lady
Don't forget the TP. -BaHa!-

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have definitely seen a lot of those being around deer camps around the Midwest. There is also the hunter that has the situational awareness of a stump that goes out over and over and NEVER sees anything because he is not looking hard enough or is as deaf as a log. I have seen deer walk right behind them and they don't even notice!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts