Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which group or conservation group do you belong to and why????

I have always thought of SFW as being a little "suspect" in some of the things that they do. I KNOW that they spend a LOT of money and do some good things but there is lots of rumors in the true intent of what they are doing?

I have belonged to many of these groups but the one that I now support 100% is SCI. Safari Club International is the one to me, that is doing the most to protect our rights as sportsmen and spend the MOST money in doing so. They are a world wide organization and protect the freedom to hunt and fish all over the WORLD!!!!!!! There is a lot of misconception about SCI. I think it is because of the name, and people think SCI is only about Africa! That could not be further from the truth!!! There are MANY more chapters here in the US than anywhere else. The WOrld Headquarters are in TUCSON, AZ. If you ever get a chance please visit their museum! It is amazing. There are two chapters here in UTAH. IF you are interested in joining then let me know. The banquets are fantastic and the national show in RENO every year is the best that there is!!!!

Let me know what you think of the group you belong to......and if I have missed some and why you belong to them.

The main thing is, if you do not belong to any......then it is time to get involved!!!!!! IT IS GOING TO BE UP TO US!!!!!! TO KEEP AND PROTECT THE FREEDOM TO ENJOY HUNTING AND TO HAVE OUR KIDS ENJOY HUNTING. These groups are our best chance to be able to do that.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
NONE

·
Registered
154 Posts
Four of the five. don't now belong to sci. but your right i probly should

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
FishlakeElkHunter said:
sagebrush said:
Can you tell us why???
I have desire to contribute to people you will only give me a magazine in return, and a bunch of B.S. to go along with it. PERIOD!..nuf said.

·
Registered
8,221 Posts
I'm a member of SCI for information's sake, but I'm not a real big fan of them acknowledging, therefore promoting high fence hunting. Sure they have some clout, but that's a big black mark IMO.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts