Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may want to update the switch panel when I replace the marine electronics and was wondering who on here has experience with this?

·
Super Moderator
9,407 Posts
You are going to have fun. Wiring isn't hard but if you don't pay attention and know where the wires go you may have fun. My neighbor is in the process of redoing his boat that he just purchased this last winter and he is going to need a lot of help. He just cut and pulled as he was dismantling his wire panel.

First thing to do is to take a lot of pictures. Then as you disconnect wires put a piece of tape on them with it labeled on where it goes along on what switch it came from and the position of the plug on the switch. If you don't know where the wire goes then the switch name and position is very important down the road.

Just take your time and as I said, pictures and labeling are going to be your best friends.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I have been rewiring my boat every year just before the season starts for us. It constantly amases me how much wire I have removed and the electronics still work. I have bundles of wire on my boat. I am still not happy with what it looks like!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts