Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ice has been off for a while now I hear... virtually not a whisper about it. Are people just not fishing it? Or is it on fire and people are just keeping a lid on it?

-DallanC

·
Registered
307 Posts
The ice came off a month earlier than usual, which means the water hasn't quite warmed up to feeding-frenzy levels. Every lake I've hit at ice off this year has been that way.

Last year, Joe's Valley was off the hook for ice off fishing. This year? I caught 3 splake in 4 hours the week after the ice was off.

I've heard of some success from the Berry, but it's been really hit and miss. Once the water warms up and stays warm the fish should be more active and eager to hit stuff.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I fished everything I had from Renegade Point to Big Hole all day saturday, caught nothing except a sunburn. Had a little cutt on my rainbow rapala for a bit, that was the only bite all day. It was slow for everyone I saw that day.

·
Registered
6,329 Posts
Dodgers and pink squid produced 8 nice kokanee's for my friends last Saturday. I thought that it was a bit early for kokes, apparently not. A lot of rainbows and cuts too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts