Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just kidding! I had a wonderful hunt tonight and love the variety of ducks that we have here in Utah. As you can see from the picture, one drake was really close when I opened the blind doors and he took a shot to the head.

Also, two of the ducks were full of "rice breast" (Sarcocystis). I have never seen it on ducks this early, has anyone else had any ducks like this so far this season?

Attachments

·
Administrator
21,349 Posts
Nope. I hunt a mixture of public and private. The private took me 5 years of building relationships before I even fired a shot.
Yeah, there's a lot of ducks up your way.

Reactions: CPAjeff

·
Super Moderator
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
simple fix, stop shooting wigeons!;-)
Tonight, I honestly tried. I came out of the blind two different times when the wigeon was trying to land in the decoys. Each time it would head out, only to make a wide turn and come back. When it came in the third time, and was hovering over the mojo, it was all over. :)

·
West side Utah Lake
3,905 Posts
Just kidding! I had a wonderful hunt tonight and love the variety of ducks that we have here in Utah. As you can see from the picture, one drake was really close when I opened the blind doors and he took a shot to the head.

Also, two of the ducks were full of "rice breast" (Sarcocystis). I have never seen it on ducks this early, has anyone else had any ducks like this so far this season?
CPA was that beakless drake on the wing? I've only seen that happen one other time and that was hunting with my grandpa a good 43 or so years ago, he took the front half of a drake mallard's head off on the wing.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts