Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So 7 of us had a hair brained idea to fish Strawberry through the night. Got to Strawberry Marina at 9 pm Friday night. Loaded up the snowmobile and headed to Haws Point. Got out to Haws Point and there was a lot of sluch covered by 2 feet of snow. Got the snowmobile stuck for a minute. My buddy headed back to start hauling people out, in the meantime i shoveled off the ice big enough for a couple tents and drilled the hole. The water shot out of that hole like a gyser. There must be so much snow on there that it's weighing the ice down I guess??? Never seen that. I was standing in about a foot of water in less then 10 seconds. It was a little spooky being out there all alone and having that happen. My buddy got stuck in the middle of the resevoir and dropped another kid off to fend for himself. WE all finally ended up by the ramp about two hours later and tredging our stuff through the snow and slush. It was miserable. Fishing was good in my tent, but the others were a little slow. I ended up with 2 over the slot and 3 rainbows. So i haven't taken a limit home from Strawberry for quit a while. So that was good. Strawberry is hell though especially on a 4 wheeler or a snowmobile. We fished until 8 am then got out of there. Good times, and glad to say I finally tried it, but I don't think it is worth going back. I think the fishing would have to be a little better.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
We had that too, you did not need a scoop. I found not to clear the snow clear down to the ice and it was ok. But yes there was a ton of water in the cleared area. :lol:

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
Were you born at night, on a lake? :lol:

Night fishing sounds pretty fun, but not in the winter. You're nuts.

Glad you made it worth your while though. Strawberry sounds like a bad place to fish for a while. Thanks for the update on its conditions.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts