Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard the new "udwr wildlife board" sport coat jackets have been handed out and another sfw pin will be proudly worn on one of them!!!!

Can anyone confirm for me?

If so all the more reason to believe the rac process is a total waste of time!!

·
Registered
3,181 Posts
I am sure I am not the only person here that does not have a clue as to what you are talking about. We're all aware of the sfw's influence, but are you trying to say there is some new level of influence? If so, let's hear about it, this is a place to reveal any misdoings.
And as to the RAC system being a waste of time, you clearly have absolutely no understand of how government and specifically the RAC system work. Take a look at the percentage of issues that have been discussed and approved at the RAC's that have been adopted by the WB. I only wish more governing agencies had similar systems in place.

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
The rearrangement of SFW leadership was about more than they said?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I believe he's the same SHOWMAN that handed out the "big" check to the wildlife board the day the 3 options for deer were decided?

Does this mean he will now cash the check?

If so hunting in Utah looks bright for those with LOTS OF $$$$$$$$!

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
But I'm supposed to take the DWR seriously?

"In the old days, they used to put a gun or a knife on somebody after a shooting. Now they don't even bother."--Serpico

·
Registered
325 Posts
Actually, SFW has filled two additional seats on the Wildlife Board. Byron Bateman is a former president of SFW and Donnie Hunter is active in the Iron County Chapter of SFW. Oh and don't forget that John Bair is the new Chairman of the Wildlife Board.

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Actually, SFW has filled two additional seats on the Wildlife Board. Byron Bateman is a former president of SFW and Donnie Hunter is active in the Iron County Chapter of SFW. Oh and don't forget that John Bair is the new Chairman of the Wildlife Board.
And Steve Dalton is currently listed on their latest edition of their quarterly magazine "Sportsmen's Voice" as an SFW Life Member. That's 4 of the 7 voting members that have close ties!

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
Having Byron on the board is good thing IMO...

May-be now we can get some things changed!

Like elk managment on the Wasatch..8)...

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
Having Byron on the board is good thing IMO...

May-be now we can get some things changed!

Like elk managment on the Wasatch..8)...
OOHHHHhhhhh.......So now that SFW has a say we will be saved? Where as before, we were at the mercy of the DWR?

You never followed through on that tour of the Wasatch. So I have been poking around myself, it does not matter who you put on the board, it won't fix the Wasatch.

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
Wuffs are no joking matter.

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Wuffs are no joking matter.
That's absolutely true, but SFW's actions and claims of accomplishments regarding their status as a FEDERALLY protected species are questionable, to say the least. And to imply that since we now have 4 voting SFW members on the UTAH Wildlife Board that it will or would be different than it would be otherwise, is ludicrous! Utah DWR has already put a wolf management plan in place and it was done (and would have been done) without Byron Bateman (or any SFW member) on the Wildlife Board. The vast majority of sportsmen and women don't even want them here in any numbers, let alone a few packs that some folks are trying to establish. And they don't want them coming in from the south or the north! Additional SFW members on the Wildlife Board won't change a thing when it comes to wuffs. That's why I questioned Uber's motive!

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
What! people don't want wolves?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts