Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
4,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a link or know if they're doing the live feed of the wildlife board meeting again today?

·
Registered
580 Posts
I was told yesterday that they will provide a link....however how they will let us know is not known by me.... I have looked on the dwr website and nothing there...

·
Registered
4,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Premium Member
4,248 Posts
Thanks Amy!!

·
Registered
4,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Amy

·
Registered
600 Posts
Thanks to #1DEER 1-I — he beat me to it! :)

·
Registered
4,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Will they be doing this with most of them from now on?

·
Registered
600 Posts
We don't know right now. The last couple of meetings have been an experiment with the video-streaming format. There aren't usually a ton of viewers, so we're in the process of evaluating the best way to share these meetings with the public.

·
Registered
287 Posts
We don't know right now. The last couple of meetings have been an experiment with the video-streaming format. There aren't usually a ton of viewers, so we're in the process of evaluating the best way to share these meetings with the public.
The best way to share these meetings with the public is to not have the meeting mid-week during the day. That way people are able to attend, rather than just the professional "game-savers."

·
Registered
4,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I like this way or just a live audio feed would be fine.

·
Premium Member
2,327 Posts
Did everyone just hear Jon Larsen say that SFW would absolutely consider changing the cons tag program??? Wwwwwhhhhhaaaaa??? I'm flabbergasted!
Nope, haven't been able to listen/watch in on the meeting. SFW shouldn't have a **** thing to do with changing the cons tag program, the WB and DWR should make the changes if any, and SFW should then have to deal with it, not run the freaking thing! Haha, likes that's ever gonna happen...:shock:

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
It is absolutely amazing how unprepared some of these division folks are on their numbers. This is their job, they should have these numbers down exactly and prepared with them. If they can't even nail down the numbers they have, imagine how bad they are at actually counting these animals. I bet they have no clue.

·
Registered
287 Posts
It is absolutely amazing how unprepared some of these division folks are on their numbers. This is their job, they should have these numbers down exactly and prepared with them. If they can't even nail down the numbers they have, imagine how bad they are at actually counting these animals. I bet they have no clue.
Ahhhh! You are starting to see the light!

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
What DWR guys were present at the meeting? How many of them were regional biologists and how many were state guys like the director?

I ask because I haven't watched it and don't know....and because it is really hard to expect a state guy to know all the different numbers of all the different units for all the different species. I'd bet a bunch that none of you wise guys could do that without fumbling through all the data....;-)

Regional biologists usually don't go to the WB meetings because they submit their proposals/numbers/ideas whatever to the RACs and state guys...

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
What DWR guys were present at the meeting? How many of them were regional biologists and how many were state guys like the director?

I ask because I haven't watched it and don't know....and because it is really hard to expect a state guy to know all the different numbers of all the different units for all the different species. I'd bet a bunch that none of you wise guys could do that without fumbling through all the data....;-)

Regional biologists usually don't go to the WB meetings because they submit their proposals/numbers/ideas whatever to the RACs and state guys...
you would think they would know they were going to be asked these questions. At the very least, have those at the meeting contact the regional biologists beforehand and get the numbers ready for those in attendance. This is something that would take very little time and put it together on a simple excel spreadsheet. I mean this is their job. Would you show up to a meeting that is being watched by the public completely unprepared for questions you knew were going to be asked. It ain't that tough. Especially if they are going to be proposing new quotas and what not. It just seemed like apathy on the part of these division people.

·
Registered
580 Posts

I know that Dax and another bio guy were there for the discussion about the wasatch elk situation. Teresa was there with number for the manti and the antelope doe tag situation. They also had another regional guy there from the extreme north east area talking about the deer and elk situation up in three corners. So I thought it was a good representation from the division. I thought the board meeting was good... lots of good discussion points but I cringed with the elk tags allowed for sw desert... John Bair did a great Job bringing up all the HOT topics. Just feel horrible that Elk are getting the short end of the stick. But the States hands are tied when it comes to elk and public land and drought and the wild horses issue.

All in all it was good... Just wished there was more support for the points John was bringing up.

·
Registered
4,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I know that Dax and another bio guy were there for the discussion about the wasatch elk situation. Teresa was there with number for the manti and the antelope doe tag situation. They also had another regional guy there from the extreme north east area talking about the deer and elk situation up in three corners. So I thought it was a good representation from the division. I thought the board meeting was good... lots of good discussion points but I cringed with the elk tags allowed for sw desert... John Bair did a great Job bringing up all the HOT topics. Just feel horrible that Elk are getting the short end of the stick. But the States hands are tied when it comes to elk and public land and drought and the wild horses issue.

All in all it was good... Just wished there was more support for the points John was bringing up.
Like he said the divisions numbers were already extremely aggressive and we should wait until August to see if we needed to issue more doe and cow tags. The farmers and ag guy on the board continued and here we are with a cow and antelope slaughter.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts