Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
I am assuming that Amy will get on it and put the link to youtube for the live stream. I am anxiously waiting to get the feed too.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
So did everything get approved according to the recommendations?

·
Super Moderator
9,999 Posts
They are also going to be looking into how to close the draw loophole for next year's draw.
This will be at the November meeting, they are meeting in August to hash things out.

The two things that they may look at is:

Draw a tag first, second, third, forth choice and all points are gone.

Or
Everyone's first choice is drawn first before they go to the second choice hunts if any are left for second choice.

Or other ways of doing it that wasn't discussed at the end of the meeting. This is what the August meeting is going to be about.

·
Registered
10,181 Posts
Draw a tag first, second, third, forth choice and all points are gone.
That restores the original intent to the system, those that have gone the longest without drawing a tag are first in line.

Everyone's first choice is drawn first before they go to the second choice hunts if any are left for second choice.
Which is basically making all deer tags LE. That then opens up the can of worms of restricting EVERYONE to only applying for a single LE tag: Deer, Elk or Antelope... OR you allow people to apply for BOTH LE deer AND LE elk at the same time, which will utterly blow up the point tiers (imagine how bad that would get... it basically would turn Elk into a OIL, and turn deer drawing into something that resembles the current LE elk.

Please for the love of god let it be the first option above....!

-DallanC

·
Registered
314 Posts
I like the second choice as it closes the loophole and saves a 2nd step. I will put in for 1 choice. The not so good units will be sold over the counter later and use no points. Just take care of it all at once.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts