Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am shooting a 60 pound elite bow set at 27 inch draw. my question is will a 400 spine gold tip arrow cut at 27 inches be to stiff? should I be shooting a 500 spine arrow? the arrow charts on the arrow box says I could shoot either a 400 or 500 but with the length my arrows are cut should I switch to a 500?

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
elite synergy and they are the name the game arrows I got them for a good deal

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
I think you will be fine. My draw it 27" with 65lb draw and I shoot gold tip XT hunters for years with a 100gr wacem and they fly like darts. pin point accuracy! and hold up too. Iv got pass through's on a few of my bulls iv shot

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ya I have always shot gold tip but this is the first 60 pound bow I have owned so I was not sure if I was shooting to stiff of arrow

·
Registered
650 Posts
Always better to err towards the stiff side than weak side. I shoot 300 spine arrows with my 65 lb bow and also with my 60 lb bow. They shoot right alongside my 400 spine arrows. I also shoot aluminum 2613 arrows that are almost like shooting rebar. (not sure of the spine, but I know it exceeds 300) They shoot extremely well. I was shooting them today with my 60 lb bow and was hitting a roofing nail at 10 yards. (started to zero in for hunting with that bow and arrow choice). Always with spine, you need to take into consideration the weight of the broad head. My guess would be that with the 500 spine arrow cut to 27 inches, you would have to use an 85 grain head or lighter so you are not under spined. I have a computer program that will tell you for sure, but right now I am at my laptop instead of my desk top where I have the program.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Stick with the 400 spine. My personal opinion is the 500 will be very under spined. If they fly good and you shoot well with them that's your answer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts