Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a weird encounter with a guy this week out at Willard Bay Dog Training Area. I was doing some water work with my pup with using a DT launcher with the blank loads. He asked me if I didn't know how to read and that the signs clearly say no target or trap shooting. He claimed you can't even discharge a training pistol or blanks or anything of that nature. I certainly can't seem to find anything saying you can't discharge blanks or anything like that, am I wrong?

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
I had a weird encounter with a guy this week out at Willard Bay Dog Training Area. I was doing some water work with my pup with using a DT launcher with the blank loads. He asked me if I didn't know how to read and that the signs clearly say no target or trap shooting. He claimed you can't even discharge a training pistol or blanks or anything of that nature. I certainly can't seem to find anything saying you can't discharge blanks or anything like that, am I wrong?
Since your blanks are simply a noise maker and do not fire a projectile there is noting illegal about it. Your good to go

Why is it when I am out doing this stuff I do t get any idiots harass me. I would love to have a conversation with them.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It wasn't a cop, I think the guy was either drunk or a few cookies short of a bakers dozen. He followed me halfway around the pond while I was trying to keep some distance from him chewing me out until I think he finally noticed I was open carrying. He got back on the dirt road and walked up over the dike, never did see a vehicle or atv.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Sorry this happened to you. Sucks. This is the kind of stuff that's made me get this nasty anxious feeling every time I see someone when I'm hunting or really doing anything outdoors. It used to be the opposite feeling where I'd love to talk to whoever was enjoying the outdoors with me. Crappy.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
In the past we have set birds out for dog training and shot them there. You just put a streamer on its leg.
Never had a problem

1 - 11 of 11 Posts