Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well I got out for some winter camping, not sure how many people are into these kinds of videos, I'm doing a GIVEAWAY as well...details on part 3 of 5.

This is Part 1 of 5...if you like it just wait till the end and there will be a link to the next part of the series...

for full play list of the 5 parts...

·
Administrator
21,629 Posts
Well done. Looking forward to the other parts.

Reactions: KennyC

·
West side Utah Lake
3,905 Posts
What did you use for the aerial shots?

·
Premium Member
4,248 Posts
Nice! Was good to see you pick up your spent casings. Looks a little cool at night:smow:

Reactions: LostLouisianian

·
Registered
704 Posts
super cool and great reminders for when people are out either camping or survival. Great Job!!:)

Reactions: phorisc

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
super cool and great reminders for when people are out either camping or survival. Great Job!!:)
I love camping in the winter...many people avoid it like the plague but honestly it has its positives. No bugs, (almost)no people, very quiet... Only negative is the cold. So as long as you go prepared with the right sleeping bag and the ability to make a fire you can enjoy it :)

·
West side Utah Lake
3,905 Posts
I love camping in the winter...many people avoid it like the plague but honestly it has its positives. No bugs, (almost)no people, very quiet... Only negative is the cold. So as long as you go prepared with the right sleeping bag and the ability to make a fire you can enjoy it :)
Have you ever considered building a small home made camping stove/heater out of surplus ammo boxes? I have a couple of either 20mm or 40mm (can't remember the size) I bought cheap to make a ******* stove/heater out of one of these days.

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
I've looked at those packable titanium wood stoves a bunch. Anyone have/use one? They are not cheap and not sure if the capacity is worth the effort?

·
Administrator
21,629 Posts
Good job, nice editing. I really liked the star shots at night.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Have you ever considered building a small home made camping stove/heater out of surplus ammo boxes? I have a couple of either 20mm or 40mm (can't remember the size) I bought cheap to make a ******* stove/heater out of one of these days.
I havent, I actually ended up buying a stove. For my hot tent though I went DIY used a heavy duty tarp from harbor freight for like $35 (15'x19') ill be going this monday to test it out for the first time.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I've looked at those packable titanium wood stoves a bunch. Anyone have/use one? They are not cheap and not sure if the capacity is worth the effort?
Heres my take on the titanium stoves...If you are back packing they are a must, but if you are pulling a sled you dont notice an extra 20 lbs on your sled like you do if its on your back. So my 2 cents is get a sled and then you can winter camp luxuriously :)

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Good job, nice editing. I really liked the star shots at night.

Thanks!
The star shots could have been better, Sony has an app for timelapse which i hadnt purchased. So i just filmed the stars and then sped it up. Next time im out though ill be trying their app out which I think will be even more amazing...

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The drone was pretty cool. Is that yours or did you have someone else with you

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
it was mine. I had it set to follow mode, and I was moving it forward and just kept it close to me so it wasnt very noticeable on camera. Also it was 4k footage so i was able to crop out what I wanted to see in the start of that shot and then have it sorta panning in slowly so I came into view. There is also a mode to fly from point A to Point B but i hadnt messed much with that so i just stuck to a semi manual/follow mode.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts