Utah Wildlife Forum banner

Winter Range Eye Candy

2330 Views 17 Replies 12 Participants Last post by  7mm Reloaded
Went out for an after Thanksgiving deer inspection trip with a buddy today.----SS

Attachments

See less See more
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
.......from the back.

Attachments

See less See more
.......from the side.

Attachments

See less See more
I'm seeing it like this:

Main beams 21"
G1 1"
G2 16"
G3 8"
G4 11"
Inside Spread 21"
Mass 4", 3", 3", 3"

Total gross: 161"

Am I close?-----SS
See less See more
Don't have a clue on total inches, but it's a nice buck nonetheless!

Good times!
Sweet buck Springville.
I'm getting tired of everyone wanting to know what an animal scores anymore but since you asked.;)
I think he's somewhere in the mid to upper 160 range.
Don't have a clue on total inches, but it's a nice buck nonetheless!

Good times!
Most people don't have a clue when it comes to score and really shouldn't worry to much about it anyway.
If the animal has the "WOW" factor, then it's big enough.
Whatever the score says.
Reactions: 1
Very nice buck. I think you've underestimated him on the score, though. I'd say he's in the mid 170's.
Reactions: 2
Think you're a little low, SS. Closer to 170 than 160.
I think that live field pictures are the best and most appropriate time to have a friendly score discussion. Breaks up the, "gee, another nice buck", monotony and creates a little thought and interaction. If I was lucky enough to be sitting behind this buck then the score wouldn't matter. Since he's still alive and pimping up the does, I say we judge him mercilessly.:-?-------SS
Here's another great buck. Too far to get a great pic through the scope so no score guessing to annoy Ridge on this one.-----SS

Attachments

See less See more
Ya that last pic settled it. Id score him ummmm.......at...... wall hanger!!
Here's another great buck. Too far to get a great pic through the scope so no score guessing to annoy Ridge on this one.-----SS
Is it just me or does that second buck look tired. (So many does so little time?)

I would score both of them "terrific". :cool:
love seeing these bucks while there rutten we ran into a lot up chalk creek last week while were hunting had to quit looken at elk to watch the boys chasing the ladies through the sage.
Nice bucks SS thanks for sharing.

I had the work truck at home to do some projects and just left to bring it to the shop, a nice buck, not as big as SS's, but nice just the same was in my driveway and jumped the fence into my yard as I was pulling out about 15 minutes ago.

When I get back home I will see if I can get a pick, his does were in my front yard.
I think the second buck was old and tired, there was a great buck working the ladies about 30 yards from him.

Here's a couple of another nice one I took a couple days earlier, same general location.

Attachments

See less See more
Reactions: 1
I'm seeing it like this:

Main beams 21"
G1 1"
G2 16"
G3 8"
G4 11"
Inside Spread 21"
Mass 4", 3", 3", 3"

Total gross: 161"

Am I close?-----SS
Those mains are at least 24" long and a 25 " or 26 " outside spread
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.