1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
4,060 Posts
Pretty cool, I will never forget the time I saw one. We were on a 50 miler in the Uinta's when I was in scouts, I was about 14, we saw it running across a medow.

·
Administrator
21,853 Posts
Wow, neato!!

One was captured on film in Yellowstone National Park this month.

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
I read all the comments on KSL and it amazed me how many people claim to have seen one of these guys in Utah. One guy even claimed he sees them all the time up above Draper for heaven sakes and and other guys claims he saw one running down I-15 up by Riverdale. But really, lets be honest here, and I don't want no lying going on...Have you ever seen a Wolverine in Utah?

·
Registered
3,618 Posts
I read all the comments on KSL and it amazed me how many people claim to have seen one of these guys in Utah. One guy even claimed he sees them all the time up above Draper for heaven sakes and and other guys claims he saw one running down I-15 up by Riverdale. But really, lets be honest here, and I don't want no lying going on...Have you ever seen a Wolverine in Utah?
In my 40 years of trapping and hunting in Utah, I've never put eyes on one. I don't frequent the Uinta's that often, and I assume that would be the prime habitat for them. It's an awesome discovery and I hope the Biologists can gain a great deal of information from it.

·
Administrator
10,907 Posts
It would be really cool if I could see one out in the wild.

I know that when I was up in British Columbia I asked my guide about them and he just laughed at me. He then told me that he had only seen a few of them in his lifetime of guiding and working as a logger.

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,060 Posts
Yes, as I said we were on a scout 50 miler hike I think it was the summer of 1969 or 70, we saw one running or kind of loping across a meadow, at first someone thought it was a small bear but our leader worked for DWR and he said no it's a wolverine. It was a big meadow sloping up to a hillside and we was able to watch it for several minutes. I have a very vivid memory of it because that evening our leader told us about them and other animals. It was also the same trip that I saw my first elk in the wild. We spent 8 days to hike the 50 plus miles. Of course we didn't hike on Sunday, just had a sacrament meeting and rested.

Reactions: wyogoob

·
Administrator
21,853 Posts
This is really cool......west of Randolph....love it.

Las year there was one on trail camera south of Evanston just across the Utah/Wyoming border.

Then there was one dead on the road at Laketown.

Before that there was one dead on Route 30 by Fossil Butte National Monument between Sage Junction and Kemmemmmerrerrerrer.

Reactions: bowgy

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
As a trapper and houndsman since I was a kid I've spent a lifetime spotting and identifying tracks. I have never seen a wolverine in the wild, but once right around the winter of '78 I was running a trapline for bobcat near the headwaters of blacksmith fork river above the 5M ranch when I came across a set of tracks that could've only been wolverine. This was only about 10 miles as the crow flies from where they captured this wolverine. The track size, pattern, and stride was something I had never seen before, and honestly, have never seen since.

I haven't read all the comments on ksl about people claiming numerous wolverine sightings, I just know from my own experience how rare these animals really are in Utah.

·
Administrator
21,853 Posts
The DNR said there has only been 8 confirmed wolverine sightings in Utah since 1979.

·
Administrator
21,853 Posts
Kemmemmmerrerrerrer.
:D :LOL: :ROFLMAO:
You are the jovial one Goob. Between this and Evingston.I cringe when I talk to folks in Utah and they say ingston, I want to slap them.
Yeah, no one knows how to spell Kemmerrerrer, even the people from Kemmerrrer.

·
Administrator
21,853 Posts
The DNR said there has only been 8 confirmed wolverine sightings in Utah since 1979.
The DNR says there were 4 confirmed wolverine sightings in Utah in 2021.

·
Premium Member
4,060 Posts
Not Utah but kind of cool

1 - 20 of 28 Posts