Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Many of you might know me as the wife of the skunk shooting buffalo hunter. Now, barring any obsticles, I am actually going to accompany my husband at the end of the month for 3 days (still working on getting my children cared for). I've never, ever, even thought that I would be as excited as I am to go. However, I would like to be a help. I'm sure I will have to do the girl thing, like cook and tend camp. Mostly I would like advice on how to be the most useful when we are out looking for the buffalo. I do need some female advice -oOo- , but males, please let me know what you think as well. *-HELP!-*

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
The fact that you are willing to help tend camp is a huge help. At the end of a long day of hunting there is nothing worse than camp chores.

·
Registered
380 Posts
An extra pair of eyes behind a good pair of optics never hurts either!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Just being there to support your husband is awesome ! any and all help in camp is always appricated and the more eyes the better. Just remember to enjoy every minute of it, because...remember, time flies when your having fun ! :wink:

·
Registered
12,174 Posts
Boulder hunter said:
Just being there to support your husband is awesome ! any and all help in camp is always appricated and the more eyes the better. Just remember to enjoy every minute of it, because...remember, time flies when your having fun ! :wink:
Good call.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
You will also want to polish up your story telling skills to include as many details as possible. This is because while your husband is out hiking at the top of Mt. Ellen 4 miles from the nearest vehicular access, a herd of 17 trophy buffalo will wander right through camp while you are enjoying a solar-heated shower. Your husband will appreciate it when you are able to tell him exactly how large each of the buffalo in question were, and also that the biggest one was 27 yards from you standing broadside. All of this information will be greatly appreciated at the time he drags himself back into camp well after dark.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
fatbass said:
A foot massage at the end of the day would be great. 8)
...Yes, you are sooo right. I'll have to take some great lotions, so my husband can do a good job.... *OOO* ...just kidding, I know what you mean.

Thanks for the tall tale advice,threshershark, It made me smile :lol:

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
truemule said:
The fact that you are willing to help tend camp is a huge help. At the end of a long day of hunting there is nothing worse than camp chores.
My wife would smack me if I made that statement.

·
Registered
623 Posts
buffalowife said:
fatbass said:
...Yes, you are sooo right. I'll have to take some great lotions, so my husband can do a good job.... *OOO* ...just kidding, I know what you mean.

It won't be a tall tale, this happens in the Henery's all the time.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
EPEK said:
buffalowife said:
fatbass said:

It won't be a tall tale, this happens in the Henery's all the time.
The foot massages or the animals coming through camp while the hunters are gone?

I was down there for two weeks this past fall and never did I have a foot massage. Thinking back on who was in camp with me for the muzzle loader deer, I am feeling good about that.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Nibble Nuts said:
truemule said:
My wife would smack me if I made that statement.
I just meant an extra pair of hands to help is always helpful. My wife doesnt enjoy hiking the hill like me so she doesn't mind kickin her hills up at camp all day and helpin me when I get back.

·
Registered
278 Posts
My better half starrted hunting with me about 5 years ago. The three things that have meant the most to me are 1) just being there enjoying the time with me, 2) talking to her friends about her exsperiances while hunting, 3) not complaining because things are getting tough or cold.

400bull

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
OK buffalo wife, we have given you plenty of time to fill us in on the end of your hunt. How did you do?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.