Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im just curious if anyone has ever had any experience making their own stock for a shotgun. I have a fairly inexpensive O/U shotgun that the fore end / hand guard broke off and fell apart and the only place I can find to replace it is the factory but they want it sent it and have it custom fitted by a gunsmith there and they say that's going to cost me a large amount.. so I thought I would check with you guys and see if you knew anyone in the area who might be able to carve a replacement fore end.. I could probably form a mold and build my own replacement cheaper than they wanted to replace this part. so Im just trying to find some other options.

Thanks guys

The Gee

·
Registered
638 Posts
Im just curious if anyone has ever had any experience making their own stock for a shotgun. I have a fairly inexpensive O/U shotgun that the fore end / hand guard broke off and fell apart and the only place I can find to replace it is the factory but they want it sent it and have it custom fitted by a gunsmith there and they say that's going to cost me a large amount.. so I thought I would check with you guys and see if you knew anyone in the area who might be able to carve a replacement fore end.. I could probably form a mold and build my own replacement cheaper than they wanted to replace this part. so Im just trying to find some other options.

Thanks guys

The Gee
Could you gather the pieces, fit them together carefully, and epoxy the joints?

·
Premium Member
3,838 Posts
My dad hand made one for his Parker Brothers side by side with his pocket knife and sandpaper:-o Carved it out of a solid piece of walnut. Turned out pretty nice. I will try to get a pic of it.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Was the fore end wood or plastic?

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
its wood. I wouldn't be apposed to 3D printing a new stock, but I don't have access to anyone that could do it..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts