Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
9,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could not believe the # of people... it was ridiculous. There were fewer deer than I have ever seen, that includes 1995 opener. Dunno where so many deer could relocate too... places we'd always see dozens held nothing.

Quite disappointing.

-DallanC

·
Registered
572 Posts
I didn't see another soul until 10 am. Saw lots of deer.

·
Registered
3,674 Posts
I saw so few people early that I pulled out the regs just to double check. I was hunting with my youngest daughter so I didn't get super steep and deep where the big boys hang. We had an average day seeing several younger bucks and lots of does. -------SS

·
Registered
4,884 Posts
Could not believe the # of people... it was ridiculous. There were fewer deer than I have ever seen, that includes 1995 opener. Dunno where so many deer could relocate too... places we'd always see dozens held nothing.

Quite disappointing.

-DallanC
Were we hunting the same canyon?

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Saw plenty of deer/bucks this evening just nothing i wanted to let the air out of. Average number of hunters. I didnt get to hunt this morning. Really bright moon and the heat are going to make it rough i think.

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Tons of hunters and tons of young bucks. We were in little guys all day, just never managed to punch any tags.
Same here. Hitting it hard again this morning. Hoping for a little less pressure

·
Registered
6,300 Posts
I took my 14 year old daughter out for a couple of hours last night. We saw a few deer, but no shooters. We were hunting a fence line where it's public land on one side and private land on the other side. We walked up the mountain because there is no motor vehicle access in this area. We had been sitting for about an hour when a truck on the private side drove to the fence line and parked 30 yards from us and started watching the same area for deer. Some folks just don't give a $hit or have any respect for others. The private property is a huge area with much better places to hunt than where we were. I just don't get it.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Lots of little forkies out there!! I have passed up small bucks each time out so far. Just need to find the big ones.

·
Registered
9,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I envy you all who didn't see many other hunters, and lots of deer. I counted a grand total of 3 deer this morning... and 25 hunters.

-DallanC

·
Registered
67 Posts
heading out to kamas in 2 hrs. Hoping my idea pans out successfully, otherwise its back to upper settings road and putting in miles on foot.

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
I envy you all who didn't see many other hunters, and lots of deer. I counted a grand total of 3 deer this morning... and 25 hunters.

-DallanC
You still hunting the WW? I have a gen rifle for there and I'm boycotting the opening. Although my 17 yo daughter says otherwise.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Saw 3 deer this morning. 1 doe and a 3 point and 4x3 kind of kicking myself in the rear for not laying the 4x3 over but I know the area dosent hold a ton of deer but I know there is some good bucks in there

·
Registered
4,884 Posts
I took my 14 year old daughter out for a couple of hours last night. We saw a few deer, but no shooters. We were hunting a fence line where it's public land on one side and private land on the other side. We walked up the mountain because there is no motor vehicle access in this area. We had been sitting for about an hour when a truck on the private side drove to the fence line and parked 30 yards from us and started watching the same area for deer. Some folks just don't give a $hit or have any respect for others. The private property is a huge area with much better places to hunt than where we were. I just don't get it.
Or maybe they were watching you to make sure you weren't tempted to trespass.

·
Registered
6,300 Posts
Or maybe they were watching you to make sure you weren't tempted to trespass.
Nope, the lady sat in the truck bed with her muzzleloader and the guy she was with sat up front in the driver seat. No words were spoken to each other.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts