Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went out today with my dog after work. got out and set up around 2:45. I Saw a couple of flocks and thats it till the storm moved it. I was about ready to pick up because of the strong wing and nothing flying till i saw the dark wall of clouds coming towards FB. As soon as it hit around 4:15 it was non stop ducks! they were everywhere and dropping in faster than you could take the safety off. I ended up with 3 drake green wing, a drake gad, and a hen shov :? I missed about 5 or 6 other ducks that were good shots that i have no idea how i missed. Coco made some really good retrieves. That was her first hunt in ankle deep water. after shooting time my hands were so cold i did not even rap my decoys lines up. just tossed them in the jet sled along with the lucky duck that i did not take apart. All it all a pretty good hunt once that dang storm finally hit! Sorry did not get pictures. TO COLD FOR EM!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Ya it got crazy. After I got home I started looking at that sweet drake spooner I was going to put on the wall and I noticed I had blown off half his tail feathers. It really sucked.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts