Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I am looking to get my first handgun. Just wondering if any of you are looking to get rid of one in the next few months. Let me know what you have. You can text me pictures and prices if you'd like. Just send me a PM and I'll give you my number.

Thanks,

:grin:

·
Registered
10,062 Posts
Go to a range, shoot a 9mm, a 40sw and a 45acp before you commit. The 40sw is a pretty snappy round (I have it in a XD40SC). I upgraded to the 40 from a 9mm.

-DallanC

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Go to a range, shoot a 9mm, a 40sw and a 45acp before you commit. The 40sw is a pretty snappy round (I have it in a XD40SC). I upgraded to the 40 from a 9mm.

-DallanC
I went to a range today and shot a Smith & Wesson M&P .45 and it was pretty nice. Felt pretty good and didn't kick too hard.

·
Registered
10,062 Posts
45 and 40sw actually put out about the same energy, the 40 does it by a lighter bullet going faster, 45 being slower but a heavier slug. Perceived recoil is quite different. My wife hates to shoot the 40, I dont mind it.

I might eventually trade off the XD40 for a 1911, I'd love a Kimber in 45ACP. Beautiful guns

-DallanC

·
Registered
582 Posts
the 1904 Thompson-LaGarde Tests brought us the .45. No other tests will be allowed in todays politically correct America. So the ACP, or something bigger, will always be the final word.

·
West side Utah Lake
3,905 Posts
I've shot both. I prefer the .45, my buddy prefers the .40. You won't go wrong with either but try them both to see what YOU like best

1 - 7 of 7 Posts