Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
JMgardner
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, Im looking at getting into turkey hunting this year for the first time (since the two failed attempts with my uncle when I was 11 doesn't count) and was wondering if anyone had a decoy or two and calls that they weren't using and would let go for cheap. don't want to spend a ton of money when im first starting. I would be super appreciative. located in cache valley. thanks!

·
Registered
812 Posts
Hi all, Im looking at getting into turkey hunting this year for the first time (since the two failed attempts with my uncle when I was 11 doesn't count) and was wondering if anyone had a decoy or two and calls that they weren't using and would let go for cheap. don't want to spend a ton of money when im first starting. I would be super appreciative. located in cache valley. thanks!
If no one speaks up you can find some really affordable stuff at the dreaded wal-mart. Cherokee sports has a hen decoy for $13.00. Worst case you may have to go that route. Good luck.

http://www.walmart.com/search/?query=Turkey+decoys

·
Registered
240 Posts
I've got two feather flex decoys you can have. You would have to pick them up though. I live in garland. I replaced them with Avian x this year. Quite happy with the upgrade.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
I've found decoys don't much matter. What matters is your call (without which decoys definitely don't matter at all). Learn to talk turkey, then mess with decoys.

·
JMgardner
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great point finnegan, but i figure they cant hurt so only help even if just a little right? and captain, ill send you a pm. Greenhead, i am definitely not above walmart at all. but figure if i can get some quality used gear for near walmart prices ill just go that route. thanks for the info though!

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
You can pick up a feather flex type hen or Jake at scheels for 15$. Slate call would be a good one to pick up and learn to use as well. Diaphragms are cheap too......

1 - 6 of 6 Posts