Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok Looking for clarification. Unit 100 "Bear River Divide" itself is very easy to outline from the description:

Area 100. Bear River Divide. Beginning where Interstate Highway 80 crosses the Wyoming ‐Utah state line; northerly along said line to Wyoming Highway 89 west of Sage Junction; easterly along said highway to U.S. Highway 30; easterly along said highway to U.S. Highway 189; southerly along said highway to Interstate Highway 80; westerly along said highway to the Wyoming ‐ Utah state line."
No problems there... but its the type 7 tags that are confusing. The only boundary description is: "Doe or fawn valid west of the Bear River Divide".

Does that mean west of the Bear River Divide "elevation" line that runs haphazardly through the Bear River Divide Unit? If so what about the north end of the unit where the BR divide turns and runs east over south of Kemmererer? That's still technically "west" of it right?

I apparently need some much better maps showing the actual location of the divide as its really hard to follow in a few places and doesn't always follow natural elevation plateaus. Cant believe this isn't better marked.

-DallanC

·
Registered
10,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is whatever drains to the bear river. Wyoming uses drainages for
Many of their unit boundaries.
So one of my maps shows the BR divide moves diagonally up through the unit, then abruptly it swings over east to the border south of Kemmerer. Does this mean the north end of 100 is legal for a type 7 tag or not? Cant believe WY DWR doesn't have a better map of this.

I may have to call the DWR there. Its just a boobie prize doe tag, that frankly may not even get filled.

-DallanC

·
Administrator
21,406 Posts
It is whatever drains to the bear river. Wyoming uses drainages for
Many of their unit boundaries.
Yep, whatever drains to the Bear River.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts