Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My 16 yo son has a Gen elk tag for Wyoming and I need to be pointed in the right direction.

I had knee surgery last month and the Dr said I can't do extensive hiking or horseback riding for 4-5 months. I found out about my knee between the time the apps closed and before the draw was done, but they wouldn't let me withdraw his app. Now they won't let us delay the hunt under the medical waiver.

The Gen Elk area I hunt is a 4 hour horseback ride and hiking some nasty rough stuff. We had planned this hunt since he was a little kid and I was bringing bulls home. So it is a bad deal, though not the end of the world. I think I'll be able to hike some, ride horses some. The original goal was to get him a 6 point-- now he would be happy with any branch antlered bull.

Anyone have advice on a possible area to shoot a branch antlered bull? I know of some heavily hunted areas-- which is most likely all the easier access public lands.

Or we'd be willing to look into paying a reasonable trespass fee to access some private?

Kind of stuck on this one. Hate to ask, but I don't have much choice under the circumstance. PM me if you have any thoughts.

Thanks
Mike

·
Premium Member
2,327 Posts
Dang Mike, sure wish I could help you. Real sorry about the knee issues, been there done that. If you get no takers here, I would wander over to M Muleys and post in the Wyoming section and the elk section, some good folks over there may be of help. Here is another good source to post at:
http://onyourownadventures.com/hunttalk/forumdisplay.php?f=367

Very best of luck to you and your boy, I hope things work out for you both!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts