Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to figure out when they settle back down and come back to the higher pressure areas. I was hunting this week in some of the SW walk in areas and HMAs and could not locate more than 1 antelope. i found them all over the highways, private grounds and areas outside of my tag. do they come back at all or is opening weekend it? i'm hunting reduced price doe/fawn (type 7) in unit 99. i spent time driving the roads and hiking to glass but only found one goat which ended with an unsuccessful stalk as a mulie jumped her. we saw more deer than i could count over a couple days and tons of track and trace, just no lopes in huntable area. i probably could have filled a deer tag with muzzle loader pistol with as many deer that i walked up to. they are plentiful and hold tighter than here in the wasatch.

so what gives? am i doing this wrong or just need to wait for things to settle back down?

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
maybe i should rephrase the question...

is late season on any better than early? do they herd up and move any closer to public lands after snow flies?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts