Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Disappointed. 3 years in a row, unsuccessful WY antelope for me. Thinking I might need to look into different areas that have better draw odds.

Luckily my son drew one doe tag, so that will be fun, but I wanted to at least get a couple in the freezer this year.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Area 100 type 7 for me. I'm super excited! I've never eaten or hunted antelope before. Looks like I'll get to do the latter and hopefully also get some for the table too.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Area 100 type 7 for me. I'm super excited! I've never eaten or hunted antelope before. Looks like I'll get to do the latter and hopefully also get some for the table too.
Congrats, that awesome. I've only hunted them once, but it was a blast, you'll have a great time. Antelope is by far my favorite game meat to eat (perhaps that will change if I ever draw bison).

·
1,666 Posts
A few people at work drew.

One guy said it was his first Goat tag in 8 years #WYOResidentProblems

Next Year, I'll put in.

·
Administrator
21,283 Posts
A few people at work drew.

One guy said it was his first Goat tag in 8 years #WYOResidentProblems

Next Year, I'll put in.
I'm working one of the soda ash plants. Not many drew type 1 antelope tags here. One guy didn't draw a type 1 tag again; "16th year in a row I haven't drawn" he said.

I don't understand why the residents can't go to preference point system for antelope or at a minimum resident preference points for the popular antelope areas.

Reactions: MuscleWhitefish

·
Administrator
21,283 Posts
Anyone else draw?
I put in for resident area 94 type 1 and two type 6 resident doe/fawn tags, 100 and 94. Only drew one doe/fawn tag, area 94.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts