1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else taking advantage of
the late Wyoming application dates?

A guy will know Utahs draw results
Before the Wyoming application deadline.

For us, if we don't get the pemits we
want here in Utah, I'm eyeing guaranteed
Special permits for Wyoming.

Anyone else taking advantage of this?

Reactions: Jmgardner

·
Registered
6,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes it is !
I love the latter deadline this year.

·
Super Moderator
10,032 Posts
I'll just be putting in for Wyoming deer and antelope on a hope and a prayer that I might get drawn.

I'll let them sit on my $600+ for a couple of months that I have to send them upfront.

·
Registered
10,212 Posts
We put in for everything but deer long ago when it first opened. I hope to draw a buck pronghorn tag with 6 points this year (didnt last year with 5).

Holding off on Deer, apparently I stand a really good chance of drawing LE Nebo ML Elk which stomps on my normal ML deer season. Might cash in the WY points I've been building for a deer tag there.

-DallanC

·
JMgardner
418 Posts
ive read some stuff on here where public land is harder to find in some areas than others for antelope. any idea on the public land situation and draw odds for south east Wyoming?I'm moving to fort Collins this summer and would love to get a hunt within a reasonable driving distance

·
Registered
10,212 Posts
I used to hunt North East, its pretty much all private but access wasn't too hard to find. dunno on odds, we gave up when the "special" licenses were introduced.

-DallanC

·
Registered
174 Posts
ive read some stuff on here where public land is harder to find in some areas than others for antelope. any idea on the public land situation and draw odds for south east Wyoming?I'm moving to fort Collins this summer and would love to get a hunt within a reasonable driving distance
In most of the South East areas, Nonresidents will draw with one point in the normal draw. If you do the "special" draw, you can draw with 0 points. Most of the land is private.

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
I just hope CO posts a day early so I can plan WY.

It is a great thing to see the options, but I wonder if it effects the draw odds.

·
Super Moderator
10,032 Posts
I just hope CO posts a day early so I can plan WY.

It is a great thing to see the options, but I wonder if it effects the draw odds.
You can check Colorado a little bit early by looking at what you have on file. The applications are in the 400's and if you draw they change it to the 500's.

Everyone talking about Wyoming now just made me put in for my deer and antelope. $682 later I now get to wait.

·
Registered
6,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yup,
Regular draw, app fee's, + Points, = $682 for deer and antelope..^^^^^

Good luck :!:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts