Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Although for me fishing is always about catching, I'm just curious to find out how everyone did this year. I would really love to see a photo of your biggest fish this year only. If you don't have a photo, a description would be just fine. I'm not looking for destinations. As a matter of fact, unless it's Scofield or Strawberry or Jordanelle, I rather not know where you caught it.

This was my accomplishment this year. This bad boy went 23.5 inches long.

It was the new catch and release state record Tiger trout. However, because the state requires that you give the location of where you caught your fish, I opted not to turn this fish in to the state to claim the record. I'm particularly careful about giving out this location and it just wouldn't be worth having this place over run with anglers.

So... how about you?

:)

·
Registered
629 Posts
I know where that is :wink: Good job on not reporting it. C&R record is not worth exposing a place like that.

Anyway, my biggest fish(es) this year were a 20" tiger from the same place as yours, a 23" cutt from strawberry, a 20" rainbow from a southern water that you like, and a 19" brown from the MP. Nothing huge but they were all memorable.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Mine was a 18 in Brown on the Middle Provo this year. No pic though sorry. But this year has been full of memories and lots of fish.

·
Registered
6,336 Posts
I'm not sure of the length of the fish.... for some stupid reason, I just never carry a tape. I know I caught several browns this year that were 18 measured and maybe some that went over that and were returned unmeasured. I didn't actually keep any that big. Here are some pictures of my bigger fish....

These were all from this year.... I need to get back out and get after some fish... its been too long.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Very nice fish guys! Thanks for sharing - Keep them coming!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ScottyP said:
I know where that is :wink: Good job on not reporting it. C&R record is not worth exposing a place like that.

Anyway, my biggest fish(es) this year were a 20" tiger from the same place as yours, a 23" cutt from strawberry, a 20" rainbow from a southern water that you like, and a 19" brown from the MP. Nothing huge but they were all memorable.
Nice going Scotty! It looks like I'm going to that southern water again real soon. Do you want to go?
Ben

·
Registered
287 Posts
Here are a few of my biggest catches of the year...

Smallmouth Bass

Utah Sucker

SC Largemouth
[attachment=1:51f99]sc-largie.jpg[/attachment:51f99]

SC Ladyfish
[attachment=0:51f99]sc-lady.jpg[/attachment:51f99]

Hope no one minds me posting the South Carolina fish! :D

·
Registered
498 Posts
I caught a few cutts in the 20-21 range at strawberry this year but who isnt?

I did catch a 20 something inch walleye out of Holmes Creek, same with a slab of a white bass. Ill find the pics here shortly.

For stream fishing I got a 14inch brown out of the Weber.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Improv said:
Nice going Scotty! It looks like I'm going to that southern water again real soon. Do you want to go?
Ben
When?

Oh yeah, forgot about these:

First wiper:

and biggest LMB at around 19":

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
My biggest fish are a 15in rainbow 18 inch catfish 22in carp and a 15in smallie.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Caught nothing over 16" this year:( Biggest was probably one of the kokes from Causey. I got a 15" largemouth from Newton, and had a nice tiger musky on before it snaped my line.

·
Registered
385 Posts
not my biggest fish but my favorite. 15" brookie from duck dreek pond :? .its cool there are fish that big in there :D .

and a 16" brown from pine again the :? . didn't know any fish survived after 8" without being harvested

my biggest were from scofield

however this was a year of first for me. my first albino, brook, and whitefish :D 8)

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
My big boy was on Jordanelle about 23" and about 3-4 LBS really surprised us on a pop gear and worm...

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd21 ... CN1361.jpg

This photo does not look it but an 18-19 inch cut

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd21 ... CN1576.jpg

And the strawberry cuts as well from 18-21" were the big lake fish this year. On the rivers I picked up a 17" rainbow from the gallitan, and a huge 21" tiger from an undisclosed water. I was happy to be able to see both fish but not fortunate enough to have them to shore to snap a photo. Sad to see the season comming to an end, good thing football gets me through the winters! GO COWBOYS!

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Very nice fish fellas! Biggest 'bow was 27" (alaska, bristol bay) but Utah was 24" on the goold old lower provo (so much for stunted fish!) Brownie was 25.5" (caught on a #14 caddis dry) on a utah tailwater that shall remain nameless. Havent caught any really noteworthy Cutties this year, maybe about 17" on the Logan.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts