Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I thought that it might be cool to find out what your first ducks were.

My first duck was a hen gadwall

it was my first shot of the day on this years youth hunt
i limited out that day i got this hen, i got 3 hen greenwings, 1 drake greenwing, 1 drake gadwall, and last shot a very pretty mallard drake, I was even picking the ducks that I wanted toward the end. I limited out an hour and a half after shooting time.

·
Registered
100 Posts
mine was also this youth duck hunt, green wing teal. i shot four ducks, one green wing, one blue wing, and a nice cinamon teal, and one greenhead

·
Registered
351 Posts
I don't remember what my first duck was, that was a lonnnnnng time ago. All I can remember is it was alive when I pulled the trigger and dead seconds later. My guess would be it was a mallard. I used to jump shoot ducks a lot on the strawberry tributaries and used to find a lot of mallards up there.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bowhunter301 said:
mine was also this youth duck hunt, green wing teal. i shot four ducks, one green wing, one blue wing, and a nice cinamon teal, and one greenhead
you shot a blue wing !!! :D :D :D :D

Lucky, pictures please

·
Registered
83 Posts
A Drake Mallard at farmington bay. It is sitting five feet from me preening. It's purdy. I also shot a hen pintail :( :evil: . Hasnt hapened since

·
Registered
17 Posts
My first duck wasn't a duck it was a coot. :rotfl: I didn't know any better, until some nice guy informed me, "oh thats just a coot." I think that was the last one i shot.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Mine was a mallard. Back then I didn't know that there were any other kinds.

·
Registered
60 Posts
8) mine was a hen cinny.

·
Registered
6,336 Posts
My first duck (I'd shot a few coots before then) was a drake Gadwall. Poked the gun through the cattails and smoked him on the water. I wound up having to smack him on my gun barrel to finish him off... what a bloody mess that was.... I didn't know the wring the neck trick then. :?

·
Registered
50 Posts
mine was a drake greenwing teal out at ogden bay last year for youth hunt

1 - 20 of 37 Posts