Utah Wildlife Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
I did this today! Spotted a bear from a paved road in Utah. This one was just a little bit before you get to the C lookout above Cedar City. I wouldn't advise going there for this goal though because I have driven the hell out of this road for all the nearly 4 decades I have been alive and this is the first time it ever happened. Just happened to be in the right place at the right time. Strangely the right time was at about 10am this morning. If my brother would have been just a little bit quicker on the draw he would have been able to snap a pic of it. It was a nice looking chocolate bear that was pretty decent sized for Utah and his coat wasn't rubbed or nothing.

Now I have seen bears from the road in Utah two years in a row, but last year was off of a rough, rocky mountain road on the tushars, not a paved road.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
I saw a nice big black bear this afternoon. I wasn’t on a paved road, in fact I was about as far from a paved road as I could get in that area, BUT! I could see not 1, but 2 paved roads from where I spotted the bear. Does that count?

·
Registered
469 Posts
I would think your best bet to see a bear from the road would be Yellowstone.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts