Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a question, my son drew the early any bull tag. I know the areas fairly well with exception to the Unitas. So my question is, for those that their kids have had the tag in the past, what should we expect, is the hunt over crowded or do people road hunt during this hunt like they do during the general hunt? He is 13 and doesn't mind hiking the rubber off his boots. Also, out of the units up north are they fairly good or should I plan on scouting the beaver unit and others down south? I typically archery hunt the Ogden area and monte cristo so I do know where the elk usually are around then but never been up on a youth hunt. Just want to hear your advise and stories.

·
Registered
57 Posts
My opinion is that it is always best to hunt the area you know the best. Every time I try a new area, either for deer or elk it takes a few years hunting that area before I figure out the places the animals frequent

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
I would go where the highest population of general bulls are. that being the south slope of the Uintas. As far as scouting new units hell thats just as fun as the hunt sometimes.

·
Senior Goof
3,584 Posts
I would go where the highest population of general bulls are that being the south slope of the United. Ad far as scouting new units hell thats just as fun as the hunt sometimes.
This ^^

During that time, the S. Slope is probably amazing. Plenty of land, easy to get away from roads.. The habitat is Elk heaven too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts