Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow. Big thanks for the "2008 Changes" page. I wouldn't have seen that for a little while.

I'm interested in seeing this list of baitfish. Plus, the tribs to Electric Lake are open to general regs. That's neat...for some. I suppose the fly fishermen might have a gripe with that, though. I think that was one of the only "pure fly" waters around. I can't think of any others.

The perch thing is good. It's about time. They're taking over. I might even fish there more than twice, next year. It would be neat to see some of those stocked brookies make it past the northerns and walleye. Apparently, there are still some stray bows in there.

Those little thieves were even stealing my minnows at Yuba. Go fig.

Thanks, T. Good post.

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
LOAH said:
Wow. Big thanks for the "2008 Changes" page. I wouldn't have seen that for a little while.

I'm interested in seeing this list of baitfish. Plus, the tribs to Electric Lake are open to general regs. That's neat...for some. I suppose the fly fishermen might have a gripe with that, though. I think that was one of the only "pure fly" waters around. I can't think of any others.

The perch thing is good. It's about time. They're taking over. I might even fish there more than twice, next year. It would be neat to see some of those stocked brookies make it past the northerns and walleye. Apparently, there are still some stray bows in there.

Those little thieves were even stealing my minnows at Yuba. Go fig.

Thanks, T. Good post.
Loah there is still hunington that is fly and lure only just down the road. Fising at EL has gotten better since the new regs no more 12-13" snakes in the lake now.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oops. Looks like my interpretation was wrong. :oops:

Below the dam is still Flies Only.

It's a good thing I didn't fish that stretch with the wrong idea.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Nibble Nuts said:
I hope those perch can continue to rise in numbers. That will make for more and bigger walleye and pike. :D
Unfortunately, the perch are on a verge of crashing there. They have all but wiped out the fathead minnows that used to be so prevelant, and are now eating primarily the young perch of the year. The big fat perch of last year are hard to come by, and the average size has come way down. They are also getting skinny, and their color is not looking good either. It's unfortunate. They should have had these regs last year to take a little pressure.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts