Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
21,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Too much zucchini? Here's a good way to use some of it.

We have these things year-round, breakfast, lunch or supper.

Zucchini Cheddar Pancakes
Food Tableware Ingredient Staple food Recipe

Ingredients
  • 2 cups grated zucchini
  • 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
  • 1/2 to 1 cup biscuit baking mix (like Bisquit)
  • 1/3 cup grated onion
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • salt n black pepper to taste

Instructions

1. Mix zucchini, cheese and onion together in a large bowl.
2. Sir eggs and Bisquit mix until smooth. Blend into zucchini mixture.
3. Heat oil on a griddle or large skillet. Scoop 1/3 cup of batter onto griddle.
4. Over medium heat cook each side until brown, about 3 to 4 minutes per side.

Options

Works well with riced cauliflower or grated potatoes instead of zucchini.

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
I like it!! I'll have to give it a try.

I've been keeping a close eye on the Zucc this year. I pick it when it gets 8" or so long. Been giving it away to the neighbors, along with Eggs and Tomatoes.

·
Administrator
21,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I like it!! I'll have to give it a try.

I've been keeping a close eye on the Zucc this year. I pick it when it gets 8" or so long. Been giving it away to the neighbors, along with Eggs and Tomatoes.
Yeah, I hear ya. no bigger than 6" to 10" is always my goal.

I've been making zucchini pancakes for years. Never seem to get tired of them. Mix it up with different spices, mined hot peppers...add more eggs, less pancake mix, or go Keto - no pancake mix at all.

Reactions: taxidermist

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
Another awesome Goob Recipe goes in the book. Zucchini is about the only thing I can grow really successfully besides tomatoes. We usually do the typical parmesan zucchini and zucchini bread but this looks like a fun new option. Do you put anything on them or just eat them plain?------SS

·
Administrator
21,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Another awesome Goob Recipe goes in the book. Zucchini is about the only thing I can grow really successfully besides tomatoes. We usually do the typical parmesan zucchini and zucchini bread but this looks like a fun new option. Do you put anything on them or just eat them plain?------SS
Thanks

I just put butter on them. Some of my friends n family use salsa.

Reactions: Springville Shooter

·
Registered
725 Posts
That's a great idea. My wife makes something she just calls zucchini appetizer. Very similar base recipe but she cooks it all together in a casserole dish. It's great, but the ratio of delicious edges to gooey middle is off for me. This solves that. I love to eat it with slices of fresh tomato and lots of salt and pepper. Thanks, Goob!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts